What's this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1471310737.667415.jpg

I found this attached to the very rear corner of my 8000 shelf this morning. Not a good pic, it has a wifi decal on it. I didn't hear any Preloaders screaming in pain, so it evidently doesn't shock them if they put a missload in my car.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
View attachment 92806

I found this attached to the very rear corner of my 8000 shelf this morning. Not a good pic, it has a wifi decal on it. I didn't hear any Preloaders screaming in pain, so it evidently doesn't shock them if they put a missload in my car.
It is a misloads detector. Just went live in my building last week. You won't like it. I had five misloads today. Makes the preload look like peak day, and doesn't prevent misloads. My loader today informed me that the sensor goes off if they are not halfway into the package car. So to load RDR or 8000 shelf, he had to walk past that area or it registers as a misload. Another bright idea.

porkwagon

It is a misloads detector. Just went live in my building last week. You won't like it. I had five misloads today. Makes the preload look like peak day, and doesn't prevent misloads. My loader today informed me that the sensor goes off if they are not halfway into the package car. So to load RDR or 8000 shelf, he had to walk past that area or it registers as a misload. Another bright idea.
Naturally!

Last edited by a moderator:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What's the technology behind it then? How does it recognize that a package is on the wrong car? We have people going through cars with scanners trying to catch missloads, but they don't download those scanners until after the drivers leave the building.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Do the PAL labels have RFID tags in them now?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What's the technology behind it then? How does it recognize that a package is on the wrong car? We have people going through cars with scanners trying to catch missloads, but they don't download those scanners until after the drivers leave the building.
Loader wears a scanner, scans every package he/she loads. When walking into wrong car, sensors go off.