What's top pay rate for delivery drivers?

ScratchBoy

I'll be hitting top pay this April (I came in during the previous contract). I combed the Master and the Local 804 Supplement and absolutely cannot find the language stating what exactly the top pay rate is. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll be hitting top pay this April (I came in during the previous contract). I combed the Master and the Local 804 Supplement and absolutely cannot find the language stating what exactly the top pay rate is. Can anyone shed light on this for me?
You'll find out the Friday after you hit full scale.

It's different all over the place but $34-$35 most likely.

opey

i am pretty sure it is currently right around $33 (or maybe $34 now in the new year) +/- a few cents, and will be up to $36 and change by the last year of the contract (local 804). I started a few months back and was given a chart with the schedule, but I dont know what I did with it.

Delivery!!!

Played leap frog with a FedEx ground guy yesterday, they may work as hard as we do but this guy's body will fare better than ours. He didn't open and shut the bulkhead door 150 times a day, didn't put on and take off his seat belt 150 times a day, set the handbrake, turn on and off the truck. I'm 35 and started driving last year, I hope in 25 years my body still had a golf swing in it somewhere.

9.5 everyday

They're all different, but on the east side, we're currently at $34.29. We'll get a .50 raise in February to make it $34.79. By the time you hit in April, you may be around that number give or take a little.

9.5 everyday

It took me 2.5 years to hit top scale and that seemed to take FOR-EHHH-VER (The Sand Lot). I couldn't imagine having to go 4 years. Absolutely brutal.

JL 0513

It took me 2.5 years to hit top scale and that seemed to take FOR-EHHH-VER (The Sand Lot). I couldn't imagine having to go 4 years. Absolutely brutal.

It's a form of torture. I'm now 3.5 months away from top rate. For the last 3 years, thinking about top rate pay occurred every day. Kinda wears on you when you're struggling with bills and know it's coming but not soon enough.

Right now, life is just trying to pay for the basics to get by. So day in and day out it's like "I will finally be able to do this and do that, and get this done".

I know some guys already making the big bucks will tell you that it's not as much as it seems. Yes, it's still not big money but it's 60% more than I'm making now. It's certainly easy to spend $90K a year as you spend more the more you make but you just gotta structure your life based on less than your means as hard as that is.