Whats up with all the accidents in Central Florida?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm pretty sure that most of our "safety committee" members had signed up to be Hall Monitors in junior high school, but got turned down. Or maybe they got beat up and had their Hall Monitor armbands taken away from them. Something bad must have happened to them when they were young to make them turn out the way they did.
soberups,

You often express dissatisfaction with your safety committee members.

Have you sent a letter to your Local Union Secretary/Treasurer to address this concern?

If not, why?

I would like to help you if I can.

Sincerely,
I

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
soberups,

You often express dissatisfaction with your safety committee members.

Have you sent a letter to your Local Union Secretary/Treasurer to address this concern?

If not, why?

I would like to help you if I can.

Sincerely,
I

I have spoken personally wth my BA/local President.

He does not feel that disbanding the Committees, as has been done by 804, is the correct approach. I dont necessarily agree with him on this particular issue but I agree with him on about 99% of the other issues, so I can accept his opinion. And he makes the very valid point that the Safety Committee actually "creates" between 1.5 and 2 FT jobs per month, because while Committee members are shuffling papers or handing out muffins their routes are being run by a junior employee who would otherwise be laid off from driving and having to go back into preload to get his/her hours.

He did speak personally to several Committee members in order to remind them that they serve on the Committee only with the Local's permission, and that if their activities are no longer deemed to be of benefit to the membership that they will be removed from the Committee. He also instructed them to stop confronting and harasssing members with company-generated Telematics reports as some of them had been doing.

I can accept a useless "Safety Committee" as long as it is not acting to the detriment of the membership.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The Top Dog in Orlando is a really great gal. She loves us all very much and does whatever it takes to make ups the bestest and safest place to work.

If you're talking about Terri that is one hell of a delusion, or joke. If it's someone else I haven't heard of them yet.

Terri doesnt work as center manager anymore, its some guy from New York now. Terri is about 2 years out from retirement, so the usual song and dance of moving them all around is going down. They've moved several people around here in Orlando that are near the 30 years and out in management.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If you're talking about Terri that is one hell of a delusion, or joke. If it's someone else I haven't heard of them yet.

Terri has been moved elsewhere. Of course a lot of people have been, due to them being near 30 years and out.

Orlando, FL has really a bad track of wrecks due to all the tourism here. My side goes to almost every busy section of Orlando there is. Disney, I-drive, Universal, Downtown Orlando etc etc. I have no clue to what side its happening on since ive been on vacation this week :happy-very:. Sure ill hear all about next week.

Each time I go into our centers office, theres always about 2 - 4 incidents posted each week from a driver doing something. Hit dogs, trash cans, wrecks and all of the above.

Btw, my mother was in a wreck this week, not her fault of course. Guy came shooting out from a stop sign and looking the other direction the whole way. Caused about 1,100 in damage too. God, some of these people down here think if theres no visible damage, there isnt any. Some people think all they have to do at a stop sign is stop, then they can go. And a lot of drviers down here are just oblivious to everything around them. Down here you have to grow several pairs of eyes just to make it around each day.