What's up with Memphis?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by AMJ_SLAYER, Mar 4, 2015.

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

This is like the third time in 2 weeks that our plane hasn't showed up and the managers keep saying the pilots don't have enough hours or something. Fedex needs to get their :censored2: together
  2. Bankrupt

Bankrupt Member

We haven't had on time arrivals in 2weeks(Indy either)
    The world on time on Mondays is our new motto

Sent using BrownCafe App
  3. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

If you're in the northeast just wait for tomorrow, Newark is supposed to get 10 inches of snow tonight into the afternoon tomorrow. And most of the surrounding area is supposed to get at least 6.

So basically I plan to leave the building by noon tomorrow if we're lucky

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

Yeah I heard we'll be getting some loose loads pretty late tomorrow
  5. Slave101

Slave101 Member

We've been having to call hotline everyday, is this legal? NY area
  6. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

We haven't gotten our FO or PO two days running. People must be so happy to be paying a premium for 2 day service.

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

Just got word Memphis will be late tomorrow. Maybe it's just a new start time for them
  8. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Starting two hours late tomorrow. I'm going in and letting them find work for me.

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

Well you know what they say: "The world on time". Except you know, only when it's convenient.
  10. 5yearsleft

5yearsleft Member

We've been straightlining for almost 2 weeks. I'll have a hard time going back to P1 & P2.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Purplepackage

Starting an hour late tomorrow, so basically I'll punch an hour late, sort will run for EWR freight..and from that point on I assume I'll stand and drink coffee and finally leave the building by 11

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

^tomorrow in a nutshell
  13. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

Memh is not going to be on time until Saturday.

Blame it on the weather.

Pilots can only fly so many hours, just like truckers can only drive so many hours. If they are delayed from taking off or landing, they will not get the required rest period...pilots have a union backing them, so managment can't intimidate them like they do an hourly driver.
  14. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

lol The hits keep on coming. Most part timers have been looking :censored2: at our station. I saw this one guy the other morning and he was like "hell nah I'm not staying today, no effing way." About 10 hours later I see him rolling in after working all day looool.
  15. Purplepackage

Regardless of operational needs a part timer can only work 6 hours unless they agree to work longer, maybe your part timers don't realize that.

Then again if I was part time Id be taking the hours, who knows when they'll get them again
  16. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

They know the rules. They get pressured to stay or come in early. If you don't help then you get put on The :censored2: List
  17. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

That's what I'm wondering. Wouldn't be where I am.
  18. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

I would just go in when scheduled.
  19. Mindthegap

Mindthegap Ain't got no chill.

Another day, more late flights. Still sitting at home on Callnotes to see if we're even working today.

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

Another 2 hour shift. Memphis never showed again