whats with these "paperless checks"?

Indy135

im kinda confused...i got hired into ups freight a few months ago, filled out the direct deposit sheet and everythign....so did 2 other guys who started with me.....well they got a lil card in the mail, and there money gets loaded onto that card

they said they both submitted to have there money dirrect deposited to there BANK accounts, they didnt want the card (neither do i)'

well i never got the card......not really worried bout that just confused

but then the first week my direct deposit kicked in, i went to get my stub and she said we dont get them......its "paperless" which SUCKS:angry:

i tried to log into upsers.com to view my pay info, my login dont work

and my very first check, they shorted me and another guy 6 hours each (we got it fixed) and another guy 16 hours!

help!

drewed

Shankman
call the upsers.com helpline theyll help ya out with the login and the paperless is something you have to elect to do so at somepoint filling out your paperwork you checked something

Indy135

well i dont remember checking "paperless" but i know i signed up for direct deposit

u still usually get a stub

drewed

Shankman
Its something that theyve really been pushing the last year and a half or so, a lot of the old timers still get their stubs because thats the way it was back when.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been paperless for the past few years and love it. I simply go to upsers.com Thursday morning and check my pay statement. The only time that I wish that I had a paper statement was the last of the year for tax purposes but I simply print my statement from the website.

You should be able to go to upsers and change your method of payment from paperless to receiving a paper check and/or statement. But, I bet if you give it a chance you will find that you won't miss those paper statements.

As far as the cards, I have no experience with those so won't comment.

Speaking of upsers, when it comes to tax time you can actually download your W-2 about 2 weeks earlier than you would receive it in the mail through the ADP website.

chev

Nightcrawler
I been doing direct deposit for years & every week I get a Voided out check.
Hmm, same here. most of the drivers in my center have DD and get voided stubs. It's kind of pointless though since I can go to UPSers and print checks from Oct of 04' :surprised:.

JustTired

free at last.......
In my whole career at UPS, I never had DD. I've still got every pay stub. Guess now that I'm retired I could get rid of them. Just lazy, so far. Now, everything is DD. Which is fine but I still have to go to the bank to get cash and move money around. That's why I never wanted DD in the first place. Of course....I have plenty of time to do that now.
As far as loading it on a card goes........they can shove that where the sun doesn't shine. I recently received a rebate on my new cell phone and it was a card. What a pain! All I wanted to do was deposit it in my savings account. A check would have been much easier.

Maybe I'm an old dog who doesn't like new tricks. But it seems to me the easier they try to make it.....the harder it gets.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your rebate card will work quite well when you fill your gas tank.

Do you have a fireplace/woodstove? If so, burning all of those pay stubs could be therapeutic.

Do you have a fireplace/woodstove? If so, burning all of those pay stubs could be therapeutic.
Wouldn't it be great if all your past "bad" management persons pics were on those stubs...talk about therapeutic !!!!!

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Wouldn't it be great if all your past "bad" management persons pics were on those stubs...talk about therapeutic !!!!!

I save all that stuff for my granddaughters to shred when they are visiting. It sure comes in handy when I am babysitting and a couple of them need a time out!

I have been paperless for the past few years and love it. I simply go to upsers.com Thursday morning and check my pay statement. The only time that I wish that I had a paper statement was the last of the year for tax purposes but I simply print my statement from the website.

You should be able to go to upsers and change your method of payment from paperless to receiving a paper check and/or statement. But, I bet if you give it a chance you will find that you won't miss those paper statements.

As far as the cards, I have no experience with those so won't comment.

Speaking of upsers, when it comes to tax time you can actually download your W-2 about 2 weeks earlier than you would receive it in the mail through the ADP website.

ADP website?

JustTired

free at last.......

No...but I'll tell you what is somewhat therapeutic is looking at what I made when I started in 83 (full time) compared to the last ones. Don't think there's many places you can go to work for today and will see that big a percentage gain over 25 years. Sad....but true!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No...but I'll tell you what is somewhat therapeutic is looking at what I made when I started in 83 (full time) compared to the last ones. Don't think there's many places you can go to work for today and will see that big a percentage gain over 25 years. Sad....but true!

I like going back to when I was in the service and comparing what I made then to what I make now. Granted, my housing, food and medical were all taken care of, but the difference is dramatic. My best year in the military I almost broke $19K. My best year here was $80K.

705red

Browncafe Steward
In the new nma contract any new employee has the option of having their paycheck direct deposited or a check card,, i do believe that they did away with the paper checks for all the new employees. If i recall durig our talks ups costs were $2 per check.