What's wrong...

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
...with this picture?

wrong.jpg
wrong.jpg

Lordtekk

He's wearing white shoes,he looks sloppy,he has an Express box on the hand truck,the article classifies him as a Fedex Worker and not contractor.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Same freakin uniform as us, delivering an Express box ,and is identified as an "employee of FedEx" by one of the biggest media companies in the world, but yet Dano doesn't know how customers can't tell the difference.

bbsam

Staff member
You sad, sad, self-important cogs of corporate America. Good to see you can still amuse yourselves though.

Glorifiedpackmule

You sad, sad, self-important cogs of corporate America. Good to see you can still amuse yourselves though.

You don't care at all what your employees wear or how they present themselves do you? I personally couldnt care less but as a business owner I would think you of all people should care.

STFXG

You don't care at all what your employees wear or how they present themselves do you? I personally couldnt care less but as a business owner I would think you of all people should care.

Why care when our employees are required to wear the same thing as an express driver or any other ground driver? There's no way to differentiate our business from the rest of the corporation.

My guys differentiate based on superior service. Recognized by who they are and their hard work. Not by the color of their shoes.

But if that's what matters to you guys then keep pushing that keep pushing that corporate image that you feel is so important.

Btw my guys are in proper uniform. Just saying how stupid it is.

Glorifiedpackmule

At least they're mine. And not Fred's servants. He calls and you all run.

Right on man. You got me on that one. If you guys offered any kind of medical or pension ...or competitive wages for that matter I'd probably be first in line to fill out an application. unfortunately, my family needs to eat, my children need to see doctors, and I'm going to have to survive somehow after I retire. While Express doesn't offer much a pension these days.. Atleast it's something compared to your nothing.

STFXG

After reading my previous post it didn't come across like it was meant. Meant in a joking matter... Maybe I should have put a smiley face or something. So I apologize if that seemed like an attack. Not my intention.

ANYWAYS, out of curiosity, are your benefits 100% paid or do you have to pay in? And if so, how much do you guys get charged?

zapmail

On a hot summer day about 8 years ago I observed a Ground guy delivering without a shirt on..when Ground first hit the scene it was bad.

Glorifiedpackmule

On a hot summer day about 8 years ago I observed a Ground guy delivering without a shirt on..when Ground first hit the scene it was bad.

I have without a doubt seen a FedEx driver driving around in a sports bra. It went all the way to our seinor manager who contacted the Company she worked for. She wore a shirt after that to my knowledge.

zapmail

I met a fellow Express driver on road once..wearing a sports bra..never said anything except to my coworkers! Needless to say she got canned shortly after she hit some elderly people and failed her drug test.
I have without a doubt seen a FedEx driver driving around in a sports bra. It went all the way to our seinor manager who contacted the Company she worked for. She wore a shirt after that to my knowledge.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I've seen some of the more anal retentive managers at my station send handlers home for shoes that were not black, or at the very least dark colored. These are folks who won't even be seen by customers...uniform uniformity is a big deal on our side. I've gotten crap for my white no-show socks before, but that's my little rebellion...:anxious:

CJinx

He'd look a bit neater if he tucked the shirt in but other than that I don't see anything wrong with this photo?

bbsam

Staff member
Right on man. You got me on that one. If you guys offered any kind of medical or pension ...or competitive wages for that matter I'd probably be first in line to fill out an application. unfortunately, my family needs to eat, my children need to see doctors, and I'm going to have to survive somehow after I retire. While Express doesn't offer much a pension these days.. Atleast it's something compared to your nothing.

For now.