Whats your #1 wish for 2008 Contract

softshoe

Forget 401k match - you shouldn't have any access through UPS for 401k anyway - you've got that good Teamster Pension Plan to take care of you.

You want something "extra" you can open an IRA somewhere. That'd be my solution.

I'm not particularly inclined towards raises based on inflation either. If there's a deflationary period for some-months are you interested in a pay cut based on that? I thought not.

I'd say you probably better get used to the idea of forking over money for health coverage. Based on the last two contracts where UPS continued to pay a premium even though labor in general was going for cut-rate prices (in comparison) I think you probably better get used to the idea of making less/hour.

Concessions, IOW. That's what I see.

UPS has had record profits. There won't be any concessions. Remember 1997

browniehound

Moreluck, thanks I noticed I mispelled correct after I posted. As for TtTtT, when in your lifetime have we ever been in a deflationary period? Possibly in the 70's? How about this then: UPS raises its rates, employees get a raise. UPS lowers its rates, employees get a paycut. I'll agree to that.:thumbup1:

Griff

Forget 401k match - you shouldn't have any access through UPS for 401k anyway - you've got that good Teamster Pension Plan to take care of you.

You want something "extra" you can open an IRA somewhere. That'd be my solution.

I'm not particularly inclined towards raises based on inflation either. If there's a deflationary period for some-months are you interested in a pay cut based on that? I thought not.

I'd say you probably better get used to the idea of forking over money for health coverage. Based on the last two contracts where UPS continued to pay a premium even though labor in general was going for cut-rate prices (in comparison) I think you probably better get used to the idea of making less/hour.

Get real...

Driving a UPS truck all year round is not mowing lawns or picking melons. As much as you hub-jockeys like to prance around saying we are overpaid, I don't see many of you out there during this season helping us out. Sit in the center and keep bugging me with pointless messages, leave the real work up to the people who can handle it. Just on Thursday my oncar approached me about the fact I'm running 2.5 over scratch. I told him to come out and help me then, he made some stupid noise and walked away. He knows better than to jump onboard a trip doing 247 stops, 80+ miles, 5 days a week.

browniehound

T, do I sense some bitterness toward us drivers? Are you a disgruntled on-car sup destined to go, lets see, NO WHERE? You should have stayed a driver because any manger worth his/her salt would never leave the future of the company under your management.

In the rest of America a 401k match and raises that keep up with inflation are the minimum of what employees get.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
I would really like to see a 401k match of some kind. We also deserve raises of at least 3%(inflation) which of $27 is $.81. To, me this really isn't asking for a whole lot.

Brownie----you think that you deserve a COLA increase------don't bet any money on it!! What is our competition making--what is their pension and do they pay for their benefits?? UPS has to be competitive with the FedEx's and DHL's of the world.If the competition has much lower operating costs they can charge much lower rates that UPS and steal customres away from us with lower rates------in order to be competitive UPS has to control it's costs---Labor is the #1 cost---ever stop and think how much money UPS sends to the IBT every year--to cover the cost of UPS Pensions and everybody elses pensions even if they never worked a day for UPS----believe it UPS will look for a way to get out from under this huge cost--what a better way than to change over to a 401 K match---it is what Overnite had in lieu of a defined /earned pension plan---and it worked--no worrys about how the Teamsters are mis-handling their money.With a 401k plan, where the employee has the power to invest it---the money will be there when we're ready to retire. You can only contribute a certain amount in an IRA annually---the 401k match is up to how much you want to put in--and if UPS were match the first 8-12%---that adds up pretty quick over 10-20 years!!

Box_Junkie

I really...wait, REALLY want stronger language for 9.5 days! I have a 9 month old son and feel like I never see him and miss everything. I want more drivers and shorter days. I think we get paid just fine.
Oh, by the way I'm a fairly new driver senority date of 9/12/06. I actually like the job after I get home, sense of accomplishment?:confused:1 BUT, during the route kinda hate it, mostly rude people! I like this forum alot it gives me access to other drivers and info. Back to working to late I'd like to not have to use a spotlight to see addresses at 6PM.:thumbup1:

browniehound

Brownie----you think that you deserve a COLA increase------don't bet any money on it!! What is our competition making--what is their pension and do they pay for their benefits?? UPS has to be competitive with the FedEx's and DHL's of the world.If the competition has much lower operating costs they can charge much lower rates that UPS and steal customres away from us with lower rates------in order to be competitive UPS has to control it's costs---Labor is the #1 cost---ever stop and think how much money UPS sends to the IBT every year--to cover the cost of UPS Pensions and everybody elses pensions even if they never worked a day for UPS----believe it UPS will look for a way to get out from under this huge cost--what a better way than to change over to a 401 K match---it is what Overnite had in lieu of a defined /earned pension plan---and it worked--no worrys about how the Teamsters are mis-handling their money.With a 401k plan, where the employee has the power to invest it---the money will be there when we're ready to retire. You can only contribute a certain amount in an IRA annually---the 401k match is up to how much you want to put in--and if UPS were match the first 8-12%---that adds up pretty quick over 10-20 years!!
Dawg, hell yeah I think we all deserve a raise. I'm really not asking for anything here, just enough to keep up with inflation. UPS raises its rates every year. Every employee needs to be compensated accordingly. This includes everyone from part-timers to CEO.

Last I checked, UPS has been competeing with Fed-Ex, DHL,et al, quite nicely over the last decade. . Also, since I've been with the company (1999) revenues have increased every year. So, in essence, by giving us the $.81 is really not a raise at all. Its just keeping us in the same standard of living. All I'm asking is: as the pie gets bigger give me the same percentage of it. How can you argue against that?

browniehound

Sorry, Dawg, also I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe if you would use a period at the end of a sentence it would be a lot easier for the reader.(no offense intended) From what I understand of your post, you're for dumping the pension in lieu of a 401(k) match. I am all for this!!! Just give me a nice match (%6) and I'll retire nicely at 59 1/2 without the teamster pension.

Last edited:
C

chicagobrownn

staggered start times!!!!!!!!! think about what your asking for. they would turn us all into part timers if they gave us that!!!!!!!get you re head out of you re @#%!!!!!