What's Your DEX01 Count Going To Be Today?

HomeDelivery

i understood what express has to go through ~ similar w/ upsers... wondered why STFXG didn't get it

since management dropped the ball, you guys can now "straight-line" for the rest of the year or do you still have to work as directed. Express already threw out those time commits out the window with soo many code 01s already...

I wouldn't mind getting paid by the hour w/ DOT rules of 14 hours per day to help out if straight-lining is OKed for the rest of 2012...

Goldilocks

Thousands of packages left to deliver. Our Station is running a Christmas Day operation. I think maybe 20 couriers. DOUBLE TIME AND A HALF...This Peak was one Hot Mess.

StuffItFred

Thousands of packages left to deliver. Our Station is running a Christmas Day operation. I think maybe 20 couriers. DOUBLE TIME AND A HALF...This Peak was one Hot Mess.

Hopefully those couriers don’t fall for the trap of the DOUBLE TIME AND A HALF. Because that is a flat ass lie! I worked Christmas Day about 8yrs ago and received time and a half plus my 8hrs holiday pay.(which I was getting regardless)
Oh wait, I also received a 25$ gift for the company store which I gave to a new hire so he could get a fedex pen. What a joke!

MaineGroundDriver

You Ground losers don't have a clue. First, everything we deliver has a time commitment. Second, we also have on-call pickups, something you don't understand at all. Third, you can't straightline every day like you do over at Team Green. Fourth, the level of oversight and micromanagement is far greater than anything you have ever experienced.

We get paid way more because we have a much higher level of responsibility and need to have more intelligence than a turd, which seems to be about where most Ground drivers are.

As Fred makes the changeover, you'll start to get a clue as to what I'm talking about. For now, you're talking out your ass.

I get "on-call" or "same day" pickups all the time over here on the Green side ....

MaineGroundDriver

Also, I received bonus pay and extra day pay all of peak .. and got a very hefty Christmas Bonus from my manager of ***** ****** ******* .. I guarantee what I cleared last week was as much as most Express drivers .. to say all of Ground drivers are paid peanuts etc is a lie .. the best of us are at least somewhat fairly compensated by our contractors ..

I'm fairly confident I could apply for and be hired at both UPS and Express, get higher pay but as pointed out here, have more responsibilities .. but don't act like the Green side doesn't have responsibilities because we do .. some of us far more than others, depending on our routes (several timed pickups for those of us working the more populated areas) ..

Also, I was at the local Express building making a delivery and picking up what they had this past Saturday .. the manager on duty was ranting about the PTers demanding they would be done at such and such a time etc etc .. blah blah blah ..

I'm very happy where I am, driving with green letters on the side of my truck ..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Also, I received bonus pay and extra day pay all of peak .. and got a very hefty Christmas Bonus from my manager of ***** ****** ******* .. I guarantee what I cleared last week was as much as most Express drivers .. to say all of Ground drivers are paid peanuts etc is a lie .. the best of us are at least somewhat fairly compensated by our contractors ..

I'm fairly confident I could apply for and be hired at both UPS and Express, get higher pay but as pointed out here, have more responsibilities .. but don't act like the Green side doesn't have responsibilities because we do .. some of us far more than others, depending on our routes (several timed pickups for those of us working the more populated areas) ..

Also, I was at the local Express building making a delivery and picking up what they had this past Saturday .. the manager on duty was ranting about the PTers demanding they would be done at such and such a time etc etc .. blah blah blah ..

I'm very happy where I am, driving with green letters on the side of my truck ..

Gee Whiz Beaver, what a swell job! Maybe the reason your contractor can pay you a bonus is that you don't get any benefits. Just a guess.Up until a few years ago, there were a lot of topped-out couriers who regularly out-earned management due to OT. I know a few who were above $70,000.

overflowed

Gee Whiz Beaver, what a swell job! Maybe the reason your contractor can pay you a bonus is that you don't get any benefits. Just a guess.Up until a few years ago, there were a lot of topped-out couriers who regularly out-earned management due to OT. I know a few who were above $70,000.

Some swing drivers I know make that still. Not topped out though, and never will be.

HomeDelivery

Also, I received bonus pay and extra day pay all of peak .. and got a very hefty Christmas Bonus from my manager of ***** ****** ******* ..

if my previous contractors did that, i'd still be working with them... one contractor started doing just that, but it was too late for me to stay on his team. I got the bonus pay from the temp agency though:peaceful:

zero mis-deliveries & more customer compliments than other drivers in the terminal should have netted me some bonus pay, but i'll be moving on

Goldilocks

Some at my station will hit over 80 this year. We deliver to an affluent area. These people love to shop. Some order their Christmas Trees online. lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Some at my station will hit over 80 this year. We deliver to an affluent area. These people love to shop. Some order their Christmas Trees online. lol

We are underpaid, because to hit 80 you're working 6 days a week and every second of OT you can get. Nobody mid-range or below would ever get close to even 70. The Ground driver is lucky if they hit half our top-out, and they get zero OT in most cases. The flat-rated salary drivers are the worst part of it.

Ground is what it is, and it's a scam. It's similar to a pyramid scheme in that only the very top people on the pyramid make any money...FedEx and the ISPs. Everyone else gets the crumbs.

The only reason Ground is competitive is because it's low-wage structure allows for price-undercutting the competition. That's it. It isn't good management, breakthrough technology, or anything else. And now, Fred is allowing Ground to consume another FedEx opco...because he can and wants to because it is so much more profitable. The windfall profits he reaps off the scam allow him to re-invest the profits to increase it's size. Witness the explosion of new Ground facilities. As long as it remains legal and the drivers are "non-employees", the math works for Fred and the contractors.

I can hardly wait until Ground falls apart...and it will eventually. In the meantime, bbsam and STXFOPGRP whatever are laughing their way to the bank, which is their payoff for making it all look "legitimate". What a crock of crap.

bbsam

Staff member
And don't think I'm not laughing either, because I most definitely am. Don't take it personally though. Your lunch tastes just as good as the UPS driver's.