what's your favorite "porta-john" to use while on the road?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Work out in remote areas of the West then come talk to me!

If you are on a checkride, ask your manager if you can use their shoe to maintain productivity and protect service. Another idea would be to utilize old document bags and the document sort racks. When needed, you could just set it up in the back of your W700 and drop the kids off at the pool if need be. Think of the time and expense it would save the company! When you return to the building, you just put it back in the doc sort area and they get put right back to use. 24/7 utilization of Express assets.

Jack_Burton

Am I the only one who was raised to use indoor plumbing?
No, but my whole Station was told by both the Operations Managers and Senior Manager that using a restroom while not on your scheduled break is "stealing from the company". We should all be so concerned about such theft to the company.

tourists24

No, but my whole Station was told by both the Operations Managers and Senior Manager that using a restroom while not on your scheduled break is "stealing from the company". We should all be so concerned about such theft to the company.
someone needs to grow a pair and test this theory. Unless you are taking 20 minute dumps you have every right to take time to take a whiz

vantexan

That's a load of horse hockey. Giving us minimal raises, or not giving one, while raising healthcare costs every year, and taking our traditional pension away then having the gall to say we are stealing from them if we stop to take care of business. Maybe if we develop a torn up stomach and are desperate to make it to a restroom we should just let it run down our legs. There was a time when I could take a 10 minute break if I chose to, and I sometimes did, but now a minimum break is 20 minutes. I'm not going on a 20 min break because I can't hold it until lunch.

vantexan

If you are on a checkride, ask your manager if you can use their shoe to maintain productivity and protect service. Another idea would be to utilize old document bags and the document sort racks. When needed, you could just set it up in the back of your W700 and drop the kids off at the pool if need be. Think of the time and expense it would save the company! When you return to the building, you just put it back in the doc sort area and they get put right back to use. 24/7 utilization of Express assets.

Maybe install a porta-potty in every truck. I think we're on to something!

Jack_Burton

That's a load of horse hockey. Giving us minimal raises, or not giving one, while raising healthcare costs every year, and taking our traditional pension away then having the gall to say we are stealing from them if we stop to take care of business. Maybe if we develop a torn up stomach and are desperate to make it to a restroom we should just let it run down our legs. There was a time when I could take a 10 minute break if I chose to, and I sometimes did, but now a minimum break is 20 minutes. I'm not going on a 20 min break because I can't hold it until lunch.
We were also told that purchasing anything other than fuel, such as a drink, pack of gum, etc... while in a fuel code is also considered stealing from the company and would be dealt with accordingly if it came to their attention. Back in the good old days when we had record heat waves we could count on having Gatorade and water before leaving and upon returning to the building. Now the company and the managers are too cheap to do so, and we aren't allowed to purchase drinks unless we are on break.

I once had a route that had a vehicle that wasn't online and was parked outside day and night. Upon my return from my route I'd have to carry all of my DEX 3's and 8's, document buckets and my backpack and lunch into the building. My personal vehicle was often parked by the only entrance door on that side of the building. On the way in, I would use my keyless and put my backpack and lunch on the passengers seat and then bring everything else in. I was also told this was stealing from the company and received an OLCC for such action.

vantexan

We were also told that purchasing anything other than fuel, such as a drink, pack of gum, etc... while in a fuel code is also considered stealing from the company and would be dealt with accordingly if it came to their attention. Back in the good old days when we had record heat waves we could count on having Gatorade and water before leaving and upon returning to the building. Now the company and the managers are too cheap to do so, and we aren't allowed to purchase drinks unless we are on break.

I once had a route that had a vehicle that wasn't online and was parked outside day and night. Upon my return from my route I'd have to carry all of my DEX 3's and 8's, document buckets and my backpack and lunch into the building. My personal vehicle was often parked by the only entrance door on that side of the building. On the way in, I would use my keyless and put my backpack and lunch on the passengers seat and then bring everything else in. I was also told this was stealing from the company and received an OLCC for such action.

Wow, glad I don't work there. We're being told 2 mins post trip, 3 mins for 56. Pretty much impossible to not work a little off the clock. Who's stealing from who?

tourists24

While technically they may be correct, I would say let em try it if this is all there is to it. Its not the minor things that will get you, its the big gaps in time that you cant explain

Jack_Burton

Wow, glad I don't work there. We're being told 2 mins post trip, 3 mins for 56. Pretty much impossible to not work a little off the clock. Who's stealing from who?
We are also being told the same thing about post trips and being in a courier clerical. We've also had the same group of management force people into taking breaks when there was a freight delay. Often we would hear it was 30-45 minutes behind, only to have the CTV show up 5-10 minutes later. Where is the communication in this company? :angry: I won't go into how we just recently stopped using the weather line on a daily basis.

tourists24

We are also being told the same thing about post trips and being in a courier clerical. We've also had the same group of management force people into taking breaks when there was a freight delay. Often we would hear it was 30-45 minutes behind, only to have the CTV show up 5-10 minutes later. Where is the communication in this company? :angry: I won't go into how we just recently stopped using the weather line on a daily basis.
What the? however long you post trip takes is how long it takes as long as you are working.... cmon guys. Freight delay? and? that is not a break time

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

My god some these managers and above are just downright anal. Don't they have anything else better to do?

vantexan

We were required to take a 30 min break today while waiting for freight. It started within the first hour which is against DOT rules. Timecard even noted break within first hour. Things are getting crazy.

tourists24

We were required to take a 30 min break today while waiting for freight. It started within the first hour which is against DOT rules. Timecard even noted break within first hour. Things are getting crazy.
that needs to be grieved.... that is not a break

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

someone needs to grow a pair and test this theory. Unless you are taking 20 minute dumps you have every right to take time to take a whiz

I deliver in the city and always try to time my restroom breaks for when I am in a public building. I also live on my area which gives me another option.

HomeDelivery

u guys are lucky; i cover /swing so i'm driving "blind" for the most part... when i do get business stops, i do not hesitate to use their restrooms ~when i need to or not

as for going off topic in the last few posts, that should not be an issue to just take a few minutes to detour to a restroom while you're dropping off that important airbill (you express guys are lucky in that respect, maybe ground guys too since you also do mostly business stops as well)

FedEx2000

I believe the "Break in the first hour" is a FedEx rule, not a DOT rule....just saying, not that I agree with how they are handling it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

What a bunch of BS.
See HomeD? Glad you don't work with us aren't you?

First I've heard of that.