Whats your hobby besides BC?

wkmac

i own/drive a dirt late model in middle tennessee :) that pretty much takes up the rest of my free time .....

sorry i tryed to resize it to make it smaller but it didnt work out

scan0006.jpg

Atomic Speedway? Bull's Gap? or is that to far east? This isn't Scott Bloomquist is it?
:happy-very:

Best of luck in the coming season and if you ever come south to Dixie Speedway, PM me and we're there!

jeremy3708

yeah thats to far east for me we mostly run duckriver, thunderhill, winchester
we went down to moulton,al about 3 weeks ago and blew up in hot laps
i havent been getting to drive as much as im use to so its going to take to the middle of july before we get a new motor...

Scott Bloomquist man i wish or jimmy owens, dale mcdowell , billy moyer ect..for that matter :)

wkmac

yeah thats to far east for me we mostly run duckriver, thunderhill, winchester
we went down to moulton,al about 3 weeks ago and blew up in hot laps
i havent been getting to drive as much as im use to so its going to take to the middle of july before we get a new motor...

Scott Bloomquist man i wish or jimmy owens, dale mcdowell , billy moyer ect..for that matter :)

Dale McDowell when he's not running some national series usually drops in for the Saturday nights fights at Dixie. My favorite era of the late models was the mid 80's and the old wedge cars. Those suckers were as fast as the winged sprints but sadly the sanctions stepped in and outlawed them. One of my favorite drivers of that era was Rodney Combs who had a brief visit in Cup. By the early 90's and thanks to TNN's Cavalcade of Sports, I got hooked on the outlaw sprints and late models just never had the appeal any more.

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
I was raised around camping and off roading then started rock crawling a few years ago. In our area its a fairly common hobby. Last year I decided to compete and I'm loving it, it really pushes you to do things you normally wouldn't.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
When I had my Jeep a couple of years ago I did some off-roading with it. I even went to an off-road park in PA. Strictly elementary stuff, nothing compared to what your doing, but still fun nonetheless.

What your doing looks awesome!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
we used to call off roading "get drunk- break ****":wink2:
I even know what that is. Haven't done that in years. We used to go out to what was called the cinder pits on weekends. Climb the hills and just generally screw around. What a blast. Nothing as extreme as pic'd here but still fun. Thanks Rod, for reminding me.

P

pickup

I like to play my guitar and thank joH'a' my fingernail is almost back.
I also collect comics but not for long.

I like playing my guitar too . I also like going on u tube and watching videos of bands playing old songs and then I will go to chordie.com or other sites and look at the chords of the songs. Then I will play along with the band in the video. I like playing with the Tremelos song "Here comes my baby" I know it is a cat stevens tune.

P

pickup

I like to play my guitar and thank joH'a' my fingernail is almost back.
I also collect comics but not for long.

I like playing my guitar too . I also like going on u tube and watching videos of bands playing old songs and then I will go to chordie.com or other sites and look at the chords of the songs. Then I will play along with the band in the video. I like playing with the Tremelos song "Here comes my baby" I know it is a cat stevens tune.

three chord rock, 1,4 ,5 chords. How simple and yet how much fun

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I'm not wasting countless hours messing around with computer/home theater stuff, I train for and run ultra marathons. Over the last ten years I've run around 30 races, at distances from 50 km to 50 miles. For the last year or so I've been dealing with some injury problems that kept me from racing, but after finally being diligent about rehab for an extended time I'm all healed up, now it's just a matter of ramping my mileage back up to level where I feel comfortable. I might be ready to run some races this fall, but will probably wait til spring to get back into it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When I'm not wasting countless hours messing around with computer/home theater stuff, I train for and run ultra marathons. Over the last ten years I've run around 30 races, at distances from 50 km to 50 miles. For the last year or so I've been dealing with some injury problems that kept me from racing, but after finally being diligent about rehab for an extended time I'm all healed up, now it's just a matter of ramping my mileage back up to level where I feel comfortable. I might be ready to run some races this fall, but will probably wait til spring to get back into it.
Now you're speaking my language. Will you run some shorter races while ramping up? What's your training schedule like? You can PM me the answers so as not to HI-JACK this thread, or you can post it in the Road Runners thread, as it may be helpful to others. Thanks!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I too have gone thru lots of hobbies. I grew up a stick and ball sports nut, played baseball, basketball and football. My entire family is involved in Dirt Track racing, Was raised at the track and drove a few stock cars in years past. My son now plays ultra competitave soccer, travels all around the midwest for tournaments. That has really become my main focus these days. I love to hunt and fish when I can find time, (bowhunt). Enjoy racquetball and am trying to get back into running(not anything like Jones and Stug though!!)Right now the World Cup is my number 1 hobby!! GO USA!!!

DS

Fenderbender
I'm like pickup I love my guitar and wish I had the musical fortitude and talent to be in the Ringo Star All star show
what would you do if I sang out of tune

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I enjoy having these things made in China and distributing all over the world.

The Production side is tricky as I have to ensure the Chromate/Lead/ Plutonium levels are acceptable to those constantly-nagging Westerners.

The Distribution side is even worse as I used those dumb A**** Fedex Gourd dummies and they didn't work out. They told me on the phone: " We're Contractors" / the said We're "Sub-Contractors"!!!
I then scheduled a Fedex 777 to land on my street, but apparently Fedex couldn't figure out how to move the product from a 777 that landed in a street.
They offered some fliffed MD11 options, but I didn't want to be diverted.

I guess I have a simple question:

Is vuvuzela manufacturing and Global distribution worthwhile???? :happy-very: