What's your opinion? Hm...

haTTrick

Hello, so I start about almost a month ago at UPS and the word around town after your 30 (probo) days are up you get bumped to $10.00 an hr. Also heard its after 90 days. One more thing, I have the right after 30 days to apply for part time sup? Please let me know, I hate liars! :peaceful:

- Thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The probation period is 30 days. I am not familiar with the pay scale or raise schedule for PTers so I can't help with that part. You can apply for PT sup after your 30 days.

S

splozi

You get a $1 raise after 90 days, and another $1 every year after that.

We've had people become pt time sups very quickly after being hired... literally weeks. I'm not sure about the 30-day thing, but I imagine it's possible.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
$1.00/hr raise after 90 days. You gain your seniority after 30 days. You can get another $1.00/hr raise by passing your sort/pickoff test and becoming a skilled worker. As far as becoming a supervisor - don't do it!

You get a $1 raise after 90 days, and another $1 every year after that.

We've had people become pt time sups very quickly after being hired... literally weeks. I'm not sure about the 30-day thing, but I imagine it's possible.

Possible but rarely really successful. How about bucking the trend and spend enough time learning how to do the job before you go around telling others how to do theirs? A part time supervisors title is given. His respect must be earned.

rocket man

Hello, so I start about almost a month ago at UPS and the word around town after your 30 (probo) days are up you get bumped to $10.00 an hr. Also heard its after 90 days. One more thing, I have the right after 30 days to apply for part time sup? Please let me know, I hate liars! :peaceful:

- Thank you.
dont belive everything you here why dont you just do your job get your 30 join union and hold on and shut up your lucky your working

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Before you become a PT supe you might ask yourself, "....what happened to the guy I'm replacing?".

That's what I tell people who want to go driving too!
And for that matter, people who want to get hired.

I even tell that to fetuses before they are born but they never listen.
Of course, that's understandable when I say, "The person you replaced died ... how does that make you feel?"
Moms really don't like it.

trickpony1

Of course, that's understandable when I say, "The person you replaced died ... how does that make you feel?"

In a particularly good mood today?

haTTrick

dont belive everything you here why dont you just do your job get your 30 join union and hold on and shut up your lucky your working

First off, what does any of my questions have to do w/ not doing my job? Lucky I'm working? I own half of a landscaping business, do web design, so before you go around and opening your big mouth you should learn to "shut up." Have some respect you je*koff. If you don't like your job, quit. Also if you can't reply w/o being helpful or an ignorant prick, don't put your 2 sense in. You seem a little uptight Mr. Know it all.

Last edited:
S

splozi

Possible but rarely really successful. How about bucking the trend and spend enough time learning how to do the job before you go around telling others how to do theirs? A part time supervisors title is given. His respect must be earned.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm just stating how it is. Yesterday I was moved to another belt, permanently. Apparently there was a fight there and one guy had to be moved. Anyway, the two guys running that belt both became sups within a month or two of being hired. The supervisor on my previous belt is the one who trained them (to be sups). They totally suck as loaders. I even have to fix their mess every time they come in and audit my trucks.

I was offered a pt time sup position maybe 2-3 months after my hire date. I declined.

This year, they began hiring supervisors off the street.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Maybe you can give your boss his resume when your spot opens, someone's gotta drive that desk.