What's your phone number?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I usually don't give out my cell to any customers regardless of how long I'm covering a route because of a bad experience I had of a business abusing it. I'm currently doing an extended cover for a guy out for several weeks and a few of his scheduled pickups asked for my number so they could call me if they didn't have anything going out to save me a trip. I reluctantly gave it to them and so far no issues.

Just wondering....do you give out your personal cell# to any customers and what experiences have you had?

2. as a driver helper last season, i gave my # to a residential customer. She was alright. about an 8.

Thanks,
    Loyal Teamster

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I always tell them 867-5309.

4. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Thanks for getting that stuck in my head damnit.

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Lucky 407's not up, he woulda beat me to it!

6. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I read this thread title and before opening I wondered how long it would take.:happy-very:

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

So your going to close out stops that you are no where near? It takes one time for someone to call and say we don't have anything but miss that there is actually an important package going out. I wouldn't chance it. The only time I close out a pickup early is if I am delivering their ground and they say "don't come back". I will then stop complete the stop while I am standing in the business.

8. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Gave my number out once.

​ Ended tragically in marriage.

9. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Assume she is not looking over your shoulder.

10. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I only gave my # to 3 or 4 customers and told them not to abuse it or give it out. I know a driver that gets calls all day long from resi customers asking if they got a pkg. Most of them didnt even order anything. Most people dont have a clue what a driver goes through in a day.

11. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Yes I give my number out. I give them a set time they can call. If it's past the time. I say it's. After "say " 1pm. I'm. Out of that area. Or you can meet me on my schedule. In this town. Most will

12. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

I have given out my number to a few customer (small business) they don't abuse it benefits both of us one sometimes meet me on the road and the other calls if If they have anything going out after I do my delivery they might call once or twice a year. I don't give it out to residential customers and I don't call customers from my phone.

13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I have only a few and like upsguy72, it benefits us both. They are unmanned warehouses, and it benefits me to get their packages out of truck, or I set up a meet in 10 and they are there. I also have their number written in my truck so cover drivers can call them and do the same. Its usually big ugly stuff, and 9xs out of ten, they are not at their warehouse.

14. rod

rod retired and happy

For 3/4 of my career cell phones weren't even invented.---------------except for maybe those 10 pound big :censored2: bag phones.

15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Absolutely never!

16. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I have no recollection of what you're talking about.

Yes.

17. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

18. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I hate friggin' cell phones. Really do!

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

No residentials get my phone number. But a few of my commercials do have my number. They rarely use it, but they do have it.

20. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Always so willing to give number but fails to give area code.