Whats your thoughts on a christmas bonus?.................

wgf46

A simple Thank You and show of appreciation would suffice from the attitudes we are seeing now. At the local management level, how hard could it be to act human and not like a robot. Thank You's go a long way.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I just opened my Sunday paper to find a Christmas card enclosed from Gerry, the man that delivers it around 4-5am. The only reason I now know his name, is because the card wasn't signed, it had one of those return address stickers inside.
I'm going to send him a card with $15/$20 or the same amount as a DD gift card. My paper is always dry & tossed on the porch. It's never late, never wet. Gerry is getting this "bonus" as a sincere thank you & in appreciation for a job well done.
The trash men will get the same. Always nice, always give the dogs a treat. The mailman doesn't do a good job, he's not getting anything.

I would never give a tip to someone that gave me a card with a return address label. I know they don't make jack but its tacky as hell.

Tacky yes, but I was planning on giving him a tip. Knowing his address just makes it easier- I'm never up early enough to catch him delivering. Just because it was somewhat tacky doesn't change the fact that I am thankful for his good service.
How much he makes isn't a reason for a "bonus". It's just a way to say thank you for a job well done.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i got almost 18 hours of OT last week,and expect the same the next 3 to 4 weeks. That will serve nicely as a 'bonus'

Dont get me wrong,. I love the fact our paycheck is there every week and our job security but cmon..... a little appreciation would boost the morale at brown!! I hear all day about people in other companies getting big Holiday bonuses and all and we are left with the BIG FAT goose egg! I mean at least bring the friggin TURKEY BACK!! this company has made millions off my back and shows no appreciation..... as ANDY REID would say "THE TIME IS YOURS"
I just bought myself a 40 inch led for my garage. I also just spent about 600 on the wife and we have spent about 2 grand on the kids and others. I make a good living and a Christmas bonus isn't that important because the money I make is out of his world compared to most. God have been very good to my family and I.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I just bought myself a 40 inch led for my garage. I also just spent about 600 on the wife and we have spent about 2 grand on the kids and others. I make a good living and a Christmas bonus isn't that important because the money I make is out of his world compared to most. God have been very good to my family and I.

A very important room to have a TV in during the NFL season.
I approve.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The last year we got a bonus was the signing bonus for the 1990 contract ($1000 friend/t, $500 p/t) It was used to prop up the general wage increases of $.50 for 90/91/and 92, slightly increase the HW&P contribution by $.35 and increase the P/T pension plan by maximum $100/mo. This was probably the worst offer most can remember but it was understandable at the time.
Bonuses aren't all they are cracked up to be as they tax them at a higher rate and your net ends up being about $740 friend/t, $340 p/t. It's better to roll that into the wage increase and you can decide your own bonus by the amount of overtime you work.

sven

Actually..we used to get a bonus of 1 weeks pay. Check was issued 2 weeks before Christmas. That was for full time and part-time employees. My local negotiated it away to a one time pay increase and it never was addressed in further contract talks. As for the Turkey..they should restart that program..cost them nothing. Especially when they went to the voucher.

preloader962

The bonus should not be union or contract driven; it should be of the company's own volition separate of our pay. It shouldn't be either/or. I didn't even realize the turkey was given to us by contract until it was taken away. After that, I didn't care because the turkey meant nothing. I actually think a building Christmas party would do more for morale!

Kis124

I actually think a building Christmas party would do more for morale!

Our center has had Christmas parties all but 1 year since I have been there.