Whats your thoughts on a christmas bonus?.................

tourists24

I actually think a building Christmas party would do more for morale!

Our center has had Christmas parties all but 1 year since I have been there.
mgt (at least in my division) is not allowed to socialize with hourlies for anything other than work.... they have their own Christmas party.....

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I got my Christmas bonus in the form of more hours and some fresh legs to run packages. Peak is easier here than non-peak and I get more hours, It's a win-win.

slantnosechevy

We haven't had Xmas parties for 15 years. Ctr.Mngr. was pulled over for a DUI. The cop was a brother of one of our drivers and let him off after he told the cop he got his brother his job. Truth is he wasn't even working in our bldg. when his brother was hired. He should've told him I'll save your brothers job if you let me off.

Lisa0328

We make good pay, you say you want a turkey, take $25.00 of your tips and buy a turkey. If thats what your looking for, your in the wrong business. Sorry to say this company is not what it was. It's all about share-holders. Not about us. In there eyes they pay us good money....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have a Christmas party every year. I've been there 8 years and this is the first time our center manager has not shown up. Three different center manager just got a new one this year and didn't show. Not that it surprised any of us. In the eight years I've been there its also went from sups paying for most of our food and maybe a few pitchers of beer to us paying for it all ourselves.

We have a Christmas party every year. I've been there 8 years and this is the first time our center manager has not shown up. Three different center manager just got a new one this year and didn't show. Not that it surprised any of us. In the eight years I've been there its also went from sups paying for most of our food and maybe a few pitchers of beer to us paying for it all ourselves.
It is what it is

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
One driver in our building sets up a room in a local bar for us every year. Cash bar, and it's only about six or seven blocks from my house. Obviously, the wife drives.:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't wait to get rid of the 25 inch RCA that was about twenty years old.

This very same thing happened to me today. I finally got a 51" and hung it on the wall about four months ago. Today I got some room back in my basement after a feeder driver came over and hauled off our old entertainment center and the 25". His son had recently came home to a pre-divorce completely cleaned out house and needed it.

themidnightoil

I see the UPS Board deciding to give themselves a $50,000 bonus for the hard work they have done this year and are now working on a plan on how to cut more routes next year. merry xmas UPSers.

Limper

Out For Delivery
I just opened my Sunday paper to find a Christmas card enclosed from Gerry, the man that delivers it around 4-5am. The only reason I now know his name, is because the card wasn't signed, it had one of those return address stickers inside.
I'm going to send him a card with $15/$20 or the same amount as a DD gift card. My paper is always dry & tossed on the porch. It's never late, never wet. Gerry is getting this "bonus" as a sincere thank you & in appreciation for a job well done.
The trash men will get the same. Always nice, always give the dogs a treat. The mailman doesn't do a good job, he's not getting anything.

THIS is your true bonus..............forget UPS...............the plate of cookies some nice lady gives you. A handshake
and a "Merry Christmas". Make the most of what you already have......