When a route cancelled ????

AnotherFace

When a route is cancelled and that route is a training route does that driver still
Have the right to follow his work and take a lower seniority driver's route. ?????

just interested

Yes and if you have more than 1 center in your building, you can displace the lowest seniority driver wherever the lowest is in the entire building, I believe.

AnotherFace

But Its only a 1 building center. So The driver can take the least senior driver's route. Or do they become relief since it was a training route that was cancelled???

The training routes in our centers, to my best knowledge, are bid by FT cover drivers. When those routes are broken up or taken out altogether (peak, for ex) they're covering others.
Here it depends on area knowledge as well. However (here) the contract just says that they can bump the lowest senior driver. I'm sure a lot of centers may do this a little different and unless someone files a grievance for not following the proper procedure the company will do it however they please.

tracker2762

In our center, you can't bid on a training route. So the driver doing the route usually has the least seniority and is in no position to bump anyone. Some of these route are easier than most and would love to be bid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When our center posts the bids the training route is also posted with an explanation that it is a training route and that if you bid the route you would be bumped if they are training a new driver. The bid driver for this area then has the choice of bumping the lowest senior driver.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Training routes here are bid by regular FT drivers. If they put a trainee on the route the regular driver has to run cover, but if the eliminate the route it's no different than eliminating any other route, the displaced driver can bump anyone under him in the center.