When all is said and done and retirement comes.......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Integrity, you do realize that we work in a union environment where mediocrity is promoted and individuality, thinking for oneself and exceeding the norm are discouraged?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity, you do realize that we work in a union environment where mediocrity is promoted and individuality, thinking for oneself and exceeding the norm are discouraged?
UpstateNYUPSer,

I do realize this. I live it.

I will not let this be the excuse I use for not giving everything I have to live my life for the Truth, the Way and the Life.

I know he wants me to live for him in the workplace. He wants me to stand for Him even if I have to stand alone.

Sincerely,
I

texan

This will be the first time I will openly disagree with anyone here in my very small duration
on this excellent site.

I believe that Integrity is sincere in his post. I do not imagine he is attempting to self promote.

If you do not have some sense of satisfaction that you did thing right thing every
day with UPS and give 110 percent, shame on you.

I work with those who spend more time avoiding work, than doing it the correct way. They make me sick.

It is not union or management. It is doing the right thing, professional and the best.

That is what separates us from other failed and current carriers.

I have over 16 years with UPS, and I know that daily I do my best and impact the company
with the legacy of an excellent organization m
otivating me.

I am proud to be a UPS employee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

texan, I share your pride. I go to work each day with the thought that I will do the best job that I possibly can. The only feedback that concerns me is from within--if I can look in the mirror each night and without hesitation know that I did the best job that I could that day. I admit that there are days when I am unable to do that. I then vow to work harder to ensure fewer of those days.

Integrity started the thread by asking us to ask ourselves how each of us impacted UPS. The plain truth is that none of us has any impact whatsoever on the company as a whole. All we can do is make sure that the miniscule part of UPS that we can impact we do so in a manner that reflects well upon ourself and our employer.

In 2019 I hope to be able to look back over the past 30 years and feel good about my body of work as a whole.

Integrity

Binge Poster
For me, it's self.....yeah, that's about it !!
moreluck,

I am very sorry for you!

I can relate, I was once so self centered until a miracle of change happened to me.

I was so much about my self that had I joined the BC my screen name would have been Self.

I needed a miracle and I was blessed to get one.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you a sarcastic person? Absolutely not.

I sense a theme. The most sarcastic people in the forum don't know they're sarcastic.....

I can only speak for myself and I am fully aware I am sarcastic and don't forget cynical ... I have a stretch goal of being cynical as much as possible.

You know what the worse thing about being cynical is? I am almost always right.

This reminded me of a common saying of mt mother -
"The worse thing about stupid people is that they don't know their stupid."

Was she sarcastic or was she making a wry observation? Is there any difference.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How will you have impacted UPS? No they reduced me to a number, but the UPS customes will remember me.

Are you going to leave a legacy of character, Integrity, and committment?
Yes, as I made them pay me for every second, even if they said I was a slacker.
How are you treating others; are you going to leave a wake of wounded people?
I leave no one on the battlefield, I never hurt a soul
Do you just want your money while you a here and your pension when you leave and you couldn't care less about anything else?
I will never have either.

Are you a sarcastic person? positevely

Are you defeated?Not at all

Are you afraid? spiders, and creepy crawly things thats it.
Snakes are OK
Do you wish you lived with courage? I have brother I have

Does anyone on this forum want to live with courage and fight for something bigger than themselves?
yes I want everyone to realize that they are the key to success. No big job, no big money, courage comes from within, some will find it others not.

I do!

Sincerely,
I

[video=youtube;pkM-gDcmJeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
moreluck,

I am very sorry for you!

I can relate, I was once so self centered until a miracle of change happened to me.

I was so much about my self that had I joined the BC my screen name would have been Self.

Sincerely,
I
OH yeah,, nothing speaks more to prove your view than your made up pompous fake persona ....... Please dude stop youR not convincing anyone

hellfire

hellfire,

?

Sincerely,
I
OK. here we go..so,, your idea of a convincing , thought provoking symbol is a gold super hero that speaks in phrases and spouts out unconvincing rhetoric.. i cant think of a more unconvincing and unrealistic image,, please rethink this..........

hellfire

heres another one for you,, fantasy figures are a great imaginary concept when your 5 yrs old, but those of us in the real world like the tangible,, whats your relation to ups,, whats your job title at ups?

upsgrunt

moreluck,

I am very sorry for you!

Sincerely,
I

I believe God would want you to share the miracle so that glory could be His.
What happened to change you?