When all is said and done and retirement comes.......

OH yeah,, nothing speaks more to prove your view than your made up pompous fake persona ....... Please dude stop youR not convincing anyone

I Used to think the same thing. Now I don't. Integrity isnt hurting anybody. He is trying to make us think and I for one appreciate his presence here. Plus he is by far the most polite poster on here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
OK. here we go..so,, your idea of a convincing , thought provoking symbol is a gold super hero that speaks in phrases and spouts out unconvincing rhetoric.. i cant think of a more unconvincing and unrealistic image,, please rethink this..........

heres another one for you,, fantasy figures are a great imaginary concept when your 5 yrs old, but those of us in the real world like the tangible,, whats your relation to ups,, whats your job title at ups?
hellfire,

I am just trying to participate in an on-line discussion.

I am not sure why the manner and the character that I choose to portray is a major concern for you.

I think it would be more beneficial if you focused more on the discussion topics and questions.

I think if you did this your contributions to some my discussion threads would be excellent.

I don't say this to criticize you, only trying to be real with you.

You should feel free to start any discussion thread that you want.

Sincerely,
I

moreluck

golden ticket member
I Used to think the same thing. Now I don't. Integrity isnt hurting anybody. He is trying to make us think and I for one appreciate his presence here. Plus he is by far the most polite poster on here.
However he did totally forget that I said I was ALWAYS sarcastic and he can't tell :censored2: from shinola.

Integrity

Binge Poster
However he did totally forget that I said I was ALWAYS sarcastic and he can't tell :censored2: from shinola.
moreluck,

Why do you feel you always have to be sarcastic?

I used to be sarcastic all the time too and it did not lift my spirit at all.

I felt like all I did was shoot off one line sarcastic comments like in the sitcoms on tv.

It was so draining to me to. I want to build people up and encourage them, not drag them down.

I want to be a kind person in an unkind world.

Be well!

Sincerely,
I

upsgrunt

Integrity just sent me a PM- he is the Real Deal!

DS

Fenderbender
Integrity,your persona although just, reeks of mistreatment.
Why do you have to post things here,when you are really pissed off at ups?
We are not you,and you hide behind a shield.
you may or may not find what you strive to accomplish here,but mellow out.
Let me put it this way,you can't fight city hall,so relax and enjoy what you have while you have it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hellfire,

I am just trying to participate in an on-line discussion.

I am not sure why the manner and the character that I choose to portray is a major concern for you.

I think it would be more beneficial if you focused more on the discussion topics and questions.

I think if you did this your contributions to some my discussion threads would be excellent.

I don't say this to criticize you, only trying to be real with you.

You should feel free to start any discussion thread that you want.

Sincerely,
I

Pretentiousness, pompousness and unjustified importance are not personal characteristics of a persona that people react to in a positive way.

The topics and causes you present here are positive and hit home with other BCers but your persona tends to negate any attraction that people feel towards your topics and causes.

I have never met such a pompous person as you in real life but I have met a few UPS Executives that were at most 1/4 as pompous and pretentious as the persona you present here on BC. Nobody liked them either.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't see a "Dr." before the Integrity.

You aren't singularly the recipient of miracles. They happen every minute of every day. Humor is the game I'm comfortable with and it does involve sarcasm from time to time. You talk as if sarcasm is a bad thing......it's a lot like irony and writers cash in every day on irony.
You seem like an OK dude/dudette, but you're not qualified to read our psyche.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I for one will never friend with him again. He seems like a man who strives to be as righteous as he can be. Then he wakes up and tries harder the next day. I respect that.

I will not make that commitment.

When I see a pretentious, pompous ass I am immediately turned off.

I tend to like people with humility ... this persona makes Obama look like Mother Teresa.
I get the feeling that the person behind the curtain here is more like Mother Teresa than the BC persona.

I will not make that commitment.

When I see a pretentious, pompous ass I am immediately turned off.

I tend to like people with humility ... this persona makes Obama look like Mother Teresa.
I get the feeling that the person behind the curtain here is more like Mother Teresa than the BC persona.
I'm just tired.

hypocrisy

Banned
The plain truth is that none of us has any impact whatsoever on the company as a whole.

I've filed a few National grievances that directly contradict that statement and have greatly impacted the Company as a whole (and seriously impacted your paycheck). Ignorance about the process is what leads you to believe you have no impact. All it took was a filling out a few sheets of paper. Thanks for your Union dues anyway.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Good evening I

Been a while since we had a conversation

First off, being retired, I can speek with a little authority on what happens when someone retires from a company. Nothing. For example, look at what they have done with the legacy that was Casey. His teaching, his focus on the inner good that the company needed to tap has all but been forgotten. The very core of what made this company the jaugernaught that has dominated the world has been forgotten, and the focus is now elsewhere. Many UPSers only hear of Casey during a 5 minute or 15 second founders day production. Thats all.

I applaude those like Tex, and quite possibly yourself, as I gave it my all each and every day. I held nothing back. And when I walked out (actually hobbled) the door for the last time, I was complete. UPS, for all its trying never got me to sell my soul.

But now to your real question. There comes a time when a man must admit that the cause is lost. The way it reads is that "you are to shake the dust off your sandles", and go elsewhere. As long as UPS culture remains what it is, run by people that claim to have morals, but dont show them when dealing with others, then it is a lost cause.

Therefor, as one that has shaken the sand off the workboots, I have traveled where I can make a difference.

For you see, it is not the whole world, or company we need to try and change, but those around us. And when enough of those around us change, who knows where that can lead.

But as you say, there are too many people that dont realize there is no I in team.

Best

d