When did we get that 12 cent COLA raise?

LVD*4*LIFE

Hey all. I can't remember when we received that 12 cent COLA. Was it 2008?
I was just looking at the CPI-W. The May index will be released June 15.
Looking at the formula, I bet the CPI increase will trigger a COLA this year. Looks like it anyway!

JonFrum

2006, if I remember correctly.

Will the Index rise over 3.5% or so???? That's the trigger.

Negotiators intended the fine print of the Formula to be difficult to trigger so both sides could boast that the Agreement contains a COLA that protects you from Inflation. Even though the trigger would almost never actually be met.

It's a way of selling the Contract and getting more "Yes" votes, with little or no cost to UPS.

JonFrum

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.toc.htm
Not seasonally adjusted CPI measures:

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 3.6 percent over the last 12 months to an index level of 225.964 (1982-84=100). For the month, the index increased 0.5 percent prior to seasonal adjustment.

The Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) increased 4.1 percent over the last 12 months to an index level of 222.954 (1982-84=100). For the month, the index rose 0.5 percent prior to seasonal adjustment.
- - - - -
If "Table 4" is the correct Index, and it rose 4.1%, from 214.124 in May of 2010 to 222.954 in May of 2011, then all seniority employees who have compleated their wage progression will be getting about a 12-cent COLA on August 1, 2011.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
...If "Table 4" is the correct Index, and it rose 4.1%, from 214.124 in May of 2010 to 222.954 in May of 2011, then all seniority employees who have completed their wage progression will be getting about a 12-cent COLA on August 1, 2011....
...and 6 additional stops added to their load!

DriverNerd

would we be eligible for one in 2025 if warranted or is there something in the new contract that states otherwise??
I thought I had read no cola, due to the yearly Aug 1 raises, but can't remember exactly.
That was only for the first year of the new contract. It was bundled in with our $2.75 raise. All other yearly raises will be eligible for a COLA adjustment if the index is high enough.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
The index will need to be $5 eggs, $6 bread, and $6 or $7 a gallon gas again. No thanks, not for an 80 cent raise.