When did we get that 12 cent COLA raise?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by LVD*4*LIFE, Jun 3, 2011.

1. LVD*4*LIFE

LVD*4*LIFE Member

Hey all. I can't remember when we received that 12 cent COLA. Was it 2008?
    I was just looking at the CPI-W. The May index will be released June 15.
    Looking at the formula, I bet the CPI increase will trigger a COLA this year. Looks like it anyway!

2. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

2006, if I remember correctly.

Will the Index rise over 3.5% or so???? That's the trigger.

Negotiators intended the fine print of the Formula to be difficult to trigger so both sides could boast that the Agreement contains a COLA that protects you from Inflation. Even though the trigger would almost never actually be met.

It's a way of selling the Contract and getting more "Yes" votes, with little or no cost to UPS.

3. LVD*4*LIFE

LVD*4*LIFE Member

It looks like it, but that is just an educated guess. The May index will be issued June 15.

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Fat chance

5. MissedBusiness

MissedBusiness NotReallyAMember

What he said.

6. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.toc.htm
    Not seasonally adjusted CPI measures:

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 3.6 percent over the last 12 months to an index level of 225.964 (1982-84=100). For the month, the index increased 0.5 percent prior to seasonal adjustment.

The Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) increased 4.1 percent over the last 12 months to an index level of 222.954 (1982-84=100). For the month, the index rose 0.5 percent prior to seasonal adjustment.
    - - - - -
    If "Table 4" is the correct Index, and it rose 4.1%, from 214.124 in May of 2010 to 222.954 in May of 2011, then all seniority employees who have compleated their wage progression will be getting about a 12-cent COLA on August 1, 2011.

7. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

It was 2006 as that was the last year I was part-time.

8. idrivethetruck

idrivethetruck Slow & steady wins the race.

...and 6 additional stops added to their load!

9. LVD*4*LIFE

LVD*4*LIFE Member

That's what I figured as well. Thanks.