When did you start with Brown ? All Welcome

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BigUnionGuy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

I am dating myself.... My first contract book

[​IMG]

What does the Cafe say ?

-Bug-

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

73! I wasn't even an accIdent yet.

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

May 4, 1973

4. eedsegura

eedsegura New Member

September 15,2005

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

They will be ordering those tuxedo-like delivery jackets soon.......it's retro-style and it's new again!!

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

April 1989.

7. rod

rod retired and happy

The Tuesday after Memorial Day 1971 was when I started full time and yes we drove P400's that looked exactly like the one on the front page of that contract book. (actually I once delivered a peak season out of a 1952 Dodge deliver truck--it kind of looked like that truck the devil drives in that movie Jeepers Creepers). It was kind of scary driving them old P400's at first with the doors wide open going down some dirt road 60 MPH with no seatbelts in them. I did come close to falling out on one occasion. I had started working part time in Feburary. Dang- I can't believe I had to work 4 months as a part timer before going full time.

8. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

'75. Drove that same P400 with the next 10 stops on the doghouse. Once I put the brake pedal right through the rusted floorboard but luckily didn't hit anything. In retrospect those were some great days, even if we didn't think so at the time.

9. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

October 1964. First car was a "J hinge", no seat belts, had micro brakes that were not too reliable. Drivers loaded their own cars and and loaded their own splits for later starters. Time clocks were in 6 minute intervals.

10. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

August, 2010; imagine how ridiculous things will be if I make it to 2030, or 2040. Preloaders will complain about the inability to teleport packages, drivers will complain about delivering to planets outside of their assigned solar system, and management ... well, it's never good enough :P

edit: I wonder if the BrownCafe will still exist at that time, or maybe it will be some hyper-future Twitter group. Sad thought.

11. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Oct 88. yea know it doesn't really seem that long ago. Half the guys I work with weren't even born yet.:wink2:

12. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

April 1987.

13. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

oct, 1988 during peak....but my actual company date is jan, 1989...Going for 12 more years, remember first 20 years are the easiest

14. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

October 2001. Full time July 2005. Management looking good right now. May switch to the dark side

15. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Early in the 90's

Sincerely,
    I

16. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

You think you've got problems now?
    Go into management and see what happens.

17. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

Gosh, I have two start dates.
    My first date is the day I started on this wild ride.
    The second date is the day UPS purchased my seat on this ride called UPS.

18. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

The summer of 1984

19. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

March of 06 PT, October '08 FT.....Only 24 years to go *sigh*

20. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

Nov. 1986