When did you start with Brown ? All Welcome

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sept 7 2004 preload/ July 31 2006 driving pretty amazing how many of us know the exact dates we started and I'm sure many know the exact date they plan on leaving

UnconTROLLed

perfection
nearly 11 years ago, 6 years FT.
31 years to go until "retirement" age, which is age 64. (as of now) :sick:
Who knows, maybe we will be getting younger by that tech age.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Tuesday, September 5, 2000 at 4:00 AM was day 1 on the preload. The first package I ever loaded was for A&M Industrial Supply, 1414 Campbell St., Rahway, NJ 07065. The three trucks I loaded were 803864, 109505, and 100389. Of the drivers that day, one has been retired for about 7 years, one has about 2 years to go, the other about 10.

My first day friend/t driving was Monday, September 8, 2003. The truck number was 100890, it was a 1984 GMC 5-speed with over 300,000 miles on it. The first package I ever delivered was a NDA to an accountant named Gene Holmes.

Don't ask how I remember. I have an uncanny memory for names and numbers on what I consider important dates in my life. Now if only I could remember my wedding anniversary... :happy-very:

W

want to retire

July 2nd, 1981.....10:30 a.m. Wore a suit and tie to my interview(cause my momma taught me to). They didn't have what I initially wanted, so I took what they offered........best move I ever made. I have never(to this day) worked inside a hub. I have worn ties to work(UPS) twice in 31 years. My initial interview and when I rode in the safety car with all new hire pkg drivers. August in mid-afternoon in Texas in the safety car with a suit and tie on. Stupid. I did things in that safety car that I never did again delivering packages. Left right left, every 2 seconds, every 5-8.......this that....recite this backwards, verbatum......you're behind.....hurry up....faster....you're over-allowed......two clicks....sporh.........code 14........are you on the clock?............punch out......get out of the building......what happened?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Started 1998 @ tender age of 43 My wife started in 1975 left after second child, eldest child daughter started 2004 after military left to become a police officer ,eldest son 2006 left for a better job, the baby son started 2008 just finished his progression with 1 more year of college.

40 and out

worked 2 weeks unloader peak 1978. Layed off,called back Jan 30 1979 as a loader. Did that for about a year then pickoff til I went into package driving in Feb 1989. Finish line almost in sight, definitely coasting downhill towards it.

oldupsman

Oct 1975. Christmas hire. Behind the wheel of a package car from day 1. Retired after 32 years. All in package car. Been lurking here about 6 years. Don't know why this thread made me join and send my first post. Just trying to give you folks hope out there that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it can be done.