When do we get Retro Checks

I don't NEED it, but it is immediately paying off my beach rental for August and then paying off the couple hundred I have on my Visa, which I only use if I can pay it off immediately. I have the funds but why dig into that when I can just use the retro. Other than house and car, I have no other debt and I prefer to keep it that way.
That's smart.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or you could be a control freak like me on the Dave Ramsey plan and want to punish your debt quickly. I'll have to admit I'm looking forward to that check everyday for this reason.

I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan. Paid off $48K of personal debt in 3 years. Currently debt free (other than my mortgage) and my retro check will pay for the new sliding glass patio doors and replacement window for my condo.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm worried they are going to take an extra child support payment out of my retro check. They aren't supposed to but have made that mistake in the past. And once the ex-wife gets her hands on the check there is no getting it back.

Sent telepathiclly of course..

Whatever deductions are in place for your regular paychecks will be taken out of the retro checks so, yes, you should plan on the child support being taken out.

nayrsiem

Whatever deductions are in place for your regular paychecks will be taken out of the retro checks so, yes, you should plan on the child support being taken out.
That's what I'm afraid of. I guess she will gets 53 checks this year. That sucks.

Sent telepathiclly of course..

I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan. Paid off $48K of personal debt in 3 years. Currently debt free (other than my mortgage) and my retro check will pay for the new sliding glass patio doors and replacement window for my condo.
I don't know how you did that in three years. Bravo to you. My plan has been a little longer but I'm trying to be good. It feels liberating and monotonous all at once.