When do you stop complete?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
And when is that? When you leave the pkg at the door? Step into the pkg car? Complete the signature verification? When is a stop complete?
stug, the stop is complete when you head back to your package car. period. that is per methods. you never wait to stop complete after getting back to the truck.

d

over9five

Staff member
Clip it to your hip. DR the package. Hit deliver. Give the DR type. Hit the check on the way back to the car.

+1. All of the other nonsense is to placate the telematics reports.

+1 Hallelujah. I HOPE a lot of you people have more to worry about than when to hit stop complete. If you're asking that question, YOU"RE OVERTHINKING YOUR JOB. We're just delivery boys, just deliver the package and stop trying to make it rocket science.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
+1 Hallelujah. I HOPE a lot of you people have more to worry about than when to hit stop complete. If you're asking that question, YOU"RE OVERTHINKING YOUR JOB. We're just delivery boys, just deliver the package and stop trying to make it rocket science.
Sheesh, it was just a question. Let me know how you do it, future pkg man.:happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
stug

what you asked was when. you got all sorts of answers, including the one by the book.

dont know what else to say about it........

are we that hard up for conversation?

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
stug

what you asked was when. you got all sorts of answers, including the one by the book.

dont know what else to say about it........

are we that hard up for conversation?

d
Um, it was just a good question, or so I thought. Should I PM you with all of my thread ideas, so I don't start bad threads? Just so you don't take this the wrong way, yes that's my way of being snippy. Though my response to 9/5 was meant as a joke.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
lighten up. it was a good thread, just a lot of very bad methods out there agoin on.

just waiting on the guys that insist on doing it there way to post about getting fired for the flavor of the month.

d

hdkappler

i stopped completed my last package july 9th 2003.prerecorded my res.del about 10 then stop completed.only brought back 2 cod sa 1 apt.and only been in center 3times since i retired.only because other drivers retired.when i retired i was glad to be gone from broen.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Had yet another 1 day OJS today, but this one was with the center manager who told me that the stop is complete when the pkg is left at the door or with the customer.

AssistantSanta

I also don't have the patience for the reciever that counts and re-counts his packages. He's a reciever making $12 an hour, what the hell does he care about how many parcels he recieved? Its not like I'm charging him for each package and he's getting shorted, lol. Get a life your job is not that important, ha ha.

I came across this thread, so I thought I'd add on. When he's getting paid by the hour, why would he want to go against HIS supervisor's instructions for your convenience? If he takes ten minutes to count them, he's still getting paid.

I'm just a helper and I don't make much, but that doesn't mean I'll prerecord the next 10 stops and stop complete the next ten stops in advance while waiting for the elevator just because someone else told me so.

old levi's

blank space
Y'all are way over thinking this stop complete nonsense. If I already know where I will leave the pkg. I will stop complete as soon as I step off the truck and use the walk time to look at EDD and make delivery order improvements. There's your time savings, right there.

Last edited: