when does my AIR PAY TOP OUT ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by cwb425, Nov 7, 2011.

1. cwb425

cwb425 New Member

I am a cover driver at my center. I cover drive routes and air drive when they need me. When does my air rate pay top out ? 24 months ? I cant seem to find out. When does that period start...?.. the 1st time I ever delivered an air package...or when I became a qualified cover driver ?

I don't mind cover driving routes during the week and make pretty good money but I hate having to work on a Saturday air route only making 12.75 an hour for around 3hrs

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

24 months. however, are you classified as a TCD (temp cover driver) or something else? you would have different language and different pay if that were the case.

3. ryanchap

ryanchap New Member

24 months from the first time u ran air

4. cwb425

cwb425 New Member

I am A TCD. But I am also a local sorter (reload) I work in warehouse when I do not drive routes and then they make me drive on saturdays for air
    and sometimeas I run EAM early air packages in the a.m.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It sounds like you are a PT cover driver, not a TCD or casual.

6. AKX

AKX New Member

Air drivers top out in 2 years here on the east coast. Top pay for air is $23.xx. Air and cover are 2 different classifications so 24 months after you ran air first is the date you will top out.

7. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

how much do you get paid as a cover driver? $17 something? Saturday air is pretty easy and it would be nice for the extra money especially when you hit top rate.

8. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

after you leave

9. ChadBrunn

ChadBrunn New Member

On the gulf coast, a cover driver makes $25.?? An hour.

10. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

If you are a part-timer, you get $13 per hour after 12 months, $13.50 after 18 months, and $23.365 after 24 months, which is the current Top Rate. (I'm including the 12-cent COLA.) The Top Rate will increase 42.5-cents on 2/1/2012, 47.5-cents on 8/1/2012 (plus COLA, if any) and 47.5 cents on 2/1/2013.

A full-time Air Driver would get $2 more.

It sounds like you are a Saturday Air Exception Driver. Your two year progression starts when you first started doing Saturday Air.

Early AM Airs should normally be full-time package car driver work. If you do them occasionally, I assume you are doing them on an "exception" basis as well.

See Article 40, especially Section 1(h) and Section 6.

11. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

You should look your contract, so
    you know where you stand. I guess
    working 3 hours on saturday is bad,
    Lets ask the people home looking for a job.