when does peak begin?

goetface

Never worked through peak volume, I heard it could start october, I heard november, I heard week right after thanksgiving.....what it is?:knockedout:

nystripe96

The Monday after Thanksgiving will be pure hell I've heard. Between 150,000-200,000 parcels. Than around 125,000 average till week before Christmas than back up to 150,000-175,00 the week of. It's gonna be a blast at my hub, woot woot

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
After black Friday is the time to start considering that peak will be coming, largest shopping day of the year, at stores and online. The Monday thereafter will be quite tough.

when does it begin ?? perhaps, a better question.............WHEN DOES IT END ??

Yea, I had the same thought. After peak last year, they seemed to keep the same volume to people all year round. Oh well really, the 15 minutes after nine really start adding up.

Business peak for retailers is from October through Tgiving as they stock up for the coming sales season. Peak for the rest is from Tgiving though the day or two before Xmas.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Live in NNY where the Federal money flows very freely, thanks to Fort Drum. Peak is every deployment, every mothers day, every Valentines day, and then, oh yay, about late October the shopping bug hits!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh yeah, I forgot the damn salmon. Peak in Pulaski now because of those stupid fishheads. Hunters and fishheads shop more than women!!!

goetface

Right on, how many hours can an unloader expect? Also I should be sort certified by then doing flash cards right now, but I hate that they dont let you use the Slicks on the test it would be WAYYYYY easyier. They want me and some other guys certed so we can be on standby as sorters.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Depends on the center and staffing, but during peak, it was notunheard of to get 8. Average 6. Which, in NY, equals a 30 minute unpaid lunch. Still arguing that one.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Right on, how many hours can an unloader expect? Also I should be sort certified by then doing flash cards right now, but I hate that they dont let you use the Slicks on the test it would be WAYYYYY easyier. They want me and some other guys certed so we can be on standby as sorters.
If you sign the extra work sheets you may be able to double-shift and such. It depends on the particular operation you work in. The smaller buildings which only run preload/local sort may be more difficult to get much double shift work. That is my experience. Within the hubs and larger facilities with near 24 hr ops you could double shift easily....they'll beg you.

Indecisi0n

I am new so this is my first peak. They told me I will be getting a helper. I almost laughed in my soups face because I am still figuring stuff out and have no clue how to direct someone else.

Chnandler Bong

Understaffed and inept.[/QUOTE said:
We had a driver that retired a few years back that always used to say... "UPS was short-handed when they hired me, and I'll be damned if they aren't still short-handed 30 years later. I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence..." Not to change the subject of the thread, but some things never change.

And for those of you wanting more hours in a smaller center, brown up and help before or after your shift. You'll be pushing 60 hours a week.

Packmule

Here it is Wednesday after black Friday it hits briefly. Then it dies off a bit. Doesn't hit again real hard until last 2 weeks before Christmas. (and it is Christmas! UPS and their "peak" can kiss my @%^*#)

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
Never worked through peak volume, I heard it could start october, I heard november, I heard week right after thanksgiving.....what it is?:knockedout:
If your a driver in our center its every Monday Tuesday, not Wednesday, then again Thursday Friday. Following week Tuesday Wednesday, not Thursday...well you get it