When does season driving start?

Ive been working at my center for 3 and a half years and always wanted to be a driver but wasnt 21 until recently. Heck ive got more seniority than alot of drivers now and always got pissed when a person off the street came in and took a spot. Now that i am old enough i want to know when do they put the bids up? Late september or something? Thanks

brownbrown15

At my building they were posted 3 weeks ago. They may put it back up depending on how many pass and how many drivers they need. But each building is different

At my building they were posted 3 weeks ago. They may put it back up depending on how many pass and how many drivers they need. But each building is different
Thanks. Im sure it will be soon. Im sick of waiting and i dont really want to talk to my unprofessional management team

Brisket

Thanks. Im sure it will be soon. Im sick of waiting and i dont really want to talk to my unprofessional management team

You should talk to them and they may be able to help you out( even though they are 'unprofessional ').... What do you have to lose?

Keep in mind you still have to qualify.

Good luck!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
nothing lost by asking a manager. some of them actually want to help..........one in a hundred. you can also ask a senior driver. best bet ask the head shop steward. they probably have to answer that question quite a bit.

You should talk to them and they may be able to help you out( even though they are 'unprofessional ').... What do you have to lose?

Keep in mind you still have to qualify.

Good luck!
Thanks but qualify for what? No dui record and things like that? I have a clean driving record but i have a MIP misdemeanor. Does that effect anything?

Brisket

Thanks but qualify for what? No dui record and things like that? I have a clean driving record but i have a MIP misdemeanor. Does that effect anything?
Talk to HR.
On the sign up sheet there will be a list of qualifications on the bottom of the sheet.