When does season driving start?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Zepphead33, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Zepphead33

Zepphead33 New Member

Ive been working at my center for 3 and a half years and always wanted to be a driver but wasnt 21 until recently. Heck ive got more seniority than alot of drivers now and always got :censored2: when a person off the street came in and took a spot. Now that i am old enough i want to know when do they put the bids up? Late september or something? Thanks

2. brownbrown15

brownbrown15 New Member

At my building they were posted 3 weeks ago. They may put it back up depending on how many pass and how many drivers they need. But each building is different

3. Zepphead33

Zepphead33 New Member

Thanks. Im sure it will be soon. Im sick of waiting and i dont really want to talk to my unprofessional management team

4. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

You can always ask Stewart

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Driving a spice truck?

6. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

You should talk to them and they may be able to help you out( even though they are 'unprofessional ').... What do you have to lose?

Keep in mind you still have to qualify.

Good luck!

7. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

nothing lost by asking a manager. some of them actually want to help..........one in a hundred. you can also ask a senior driver. best bet ask the head shop steward. they probably have to answer that question quite a bit.

8. Zepphead33

Zepphead33 New Member

Thanks but qualify for what? No dui record and things like that? I have a clean driving record but i have a MIP misdemeanor. Does that effect anything?

9. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

Talk to HR.
    On the sign up sheet there will be a list of qualifications on the bottom of the sheet.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is a qualification process all new drivers are required to complete.

11. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Yeah right. They cut it short for a couple extras as needed. Especially after my injury last peak

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

OP, check with HR.