When does telematics stop tracking your vehicle?

margaritaville

Does it start tracking it when you scan the barcode in your truck? And stop tracking it when you enter your ending miles or what? The reason i ask is ups is doing this dont back before 100 feet or 250 or whatever. And i usually always back first so i dont get anyone on my ass. But one day i had 10+ backing exceptions even though it was a regular day and i should of had 0-2. I usually always do 0-2.

I think its because my diad froze and wouldnt log out and the car wash racked up a bunch of backs before it was offically logged out by supes. Since i just left it with them and went home.

So im just wondering at what point does it start and stop tracking your truck. When you get inside building, or when you enter your ending miles, or when you fully log out...? Anyone know for sure?

By The Book

Does it start tracking it when you scan the barcode in your truck? And stop tracking it when you enter your ending miles or what? The reason i ask is ups is doing this dont back before 100 feet or 250 or whatever. And i usually always back first so i dont get anyone on my ass. But one day i had 10+ backing exceptions even though it was a regular day and i should of had 0-2. I usually always do 0-2.

I think its because my diad froze and wouldnt log out and the car wash racked up a bunch of backs before it was offically logged out by supes. Since i just left it with them and went home.

So im just wondering at what point does it start and stop tracking your truck. When you get inside building, or when you enter your ending miles, or when you fully log out...? Anyone know for sure?
A safe bet would be if you've punched out. I think the first part of your posts you were talking about back first exceptions, where you would deliver and then back up right away or within a certain amount of feet and then back up and not make a delivery. Your probably right about your diad freezing up. Your truck could have been backed up many time and moved by car wash. If you want to check on that one day have your on car sup print you out your backs for the day. It should have the times and places you backed.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It stops when you punch out. Unless you punch in a different truck it just always associates you that vehicle while you're clocked in.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
"Your" vehicle can be found any time on property with a fair bit of accuracy provided the system is working properly. I use telematics on a regular basis to save shoe leather.

porkwagon

Backing events are not tracked once you enter return to building time according to my manager. But who cares really. Management needs to observe you not using the methods in order to discipline so your numbers can be off the charts all they can do is whine at you about it but without actually seeing you break the methods, they have nothing.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The only time you can have a bach first exception is wnen you complete a stop, then back up before traveling roughly 300 ft. Any number of the other telematics flavors could show up at the building while doing your turn in , but not a back first.

jaker

trolling
My question is why are you concern and if you are that much have them pull up the times it happen

Then you would know for sure

Pooter

I found out that if you run and come under, telematics get disabled.

Our resident runner pulls off some amazing stunts with his truck and always gets high fives. :(

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have "heard" it doesnt track on property.
Not true. We have had a few guys get questioned about seatbelt exceptions and stuff and it's carwash.

However I was under the impression that BFE were only after a stop had been completed.

Regardless who cares? Do the job safe and by the book and let them worry about the numbers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Your" vehicle can be found any time on property with a fair bit of accuracy provided the system is working properly. I use telematics on a regular basis to save shoe leather.
Poor guy must be a large center.

All of our vehicles can be found by walking about 25ft and looking out a door.