When does telematics stop tracking your vehicle?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by margaritaville, Feb 3, 2015.

1. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

Does it start tracking it when you scan the barcode in your truck? And stop tracking it when you enter your ending miles or what? The reason i ask is ups is doing this dont back before 100 feet or 250 or whatever. And i usually always back first so i dont get anyone on my ass. But one day i had 10+ backing exceptions even though it was a regular day and i should of had 0-2. I usually always do 0-2.

I think its because my diad froze and wouldnt log out and the car wash racked up a bunch of backs before it was offically logged out by supes. Since i just left it with them and went home.

So im just wondering at what point does it start and stop tracking your truck. When you get inside building, or when you enter your ending miles, or when you fully log out...? Anyone know for sure?

2. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I have "heard" it doesnt track on property.

3. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

A safe bet would be if you've punched out. I think the first part of your posts you were talking about back first exceptions, where you would deliver and then back up right away or within a certain amount of feet and then back up and not make a delivery. Your probably right about your diad freezing up. Your truck could have been backed up many time and moved by car wash. If you want to check on that one day have your on car sup print you out your backs for the day. It should have the times and places you backed.

4. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

It stops when you punch out

5. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

image.jpg

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. It stops when you punch out. Unless you punch in a different truck it just always associates you that vehicle while you're clocked in.

7. CharleyHustle

CharleyHustle Active Member

They wash your pkg cars?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Future

Future Well-Known Member

I thought that also...till last week...they "mentioned to me" that on my way out of the building(on property) I looked at my board.

9. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

"Your" vehicle can be found any time on property with a fair bit of accuracy provided the system is working properly. I use telematics on a regular basis to save shoe leather.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

Backing events are not tracked once you enter return to building time according to my manager. But who cares really. Management needs to observe you not using the methods in order to discipline so your numbers can be off the charts all they can do is whine at you about it but without actually seeing you break the methods, they have nothing.

11. 1BROWNWRENCH

Stops with anything associated with YOU.

12. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

The only time you can have a bach first exception is wnen you complete a stop, then back up before traveling roughly 300 ft. Any number of the other telematics flavors could show up at the building while doing your turn in , but not a back first.

13. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It's just another report subject to error. Work safely and don't worry about their reports.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. jaker

jaker trolling

My question is why are you concern and if you are that much have them pull up the times it happen

Then you would know for sure

15. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

I found out that if you run and come under, telematics get disabled.

Our resident runner pulls off some amazing stunts with his truck and always gets high fives. :(

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

For me it seems to stop tracking as soon as I stop caring it is.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not true. We have had a few guys get questioned about seatbelt exceptions and stuff and it's carwash.

However I was under the impression that BFE were only after a stop had been completed.

Regardless who cares? Do the job safe and by the book and let them worry about the numbers.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Poor guy must be a large center.

All of our vehicles can be found by walking about 25ft and looking out a door.

19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Pretty sure it doesn't track at peak. Do what you have to do then.

20. 1BROWNWRENCH

It works during peak as well, when lineups change daily and cars can be inside or outside the building in crappy weather.