When does this all end

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]NYC Mayor Bloomberg On Unarmed Sandy Hook Principal: “I Don’t Know What A Gun Would Have Done”…[/h]
10_michael_bloomberg-500x291.jpg

Wait, what? Let’s explain the obvious to Captain Clueless, she was the first person to encounter the gunman, if she shot him then there wouldn’t have been a massacre. Really, he couldn’t figure that out on his own?

Via Green Room:
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert’s comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun.

Bloomberg responded by saying, “There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements…..I don’t know what the gun would have done.”

purplesky

Ever heard of Jeff Immelt? CEO of GE? Head of Obama's Job Council? GE is moving lots of manufacturing to China.......Obama's guy....a direct connection. Obama definately belongs in the debate. Unions=Obama. You don't want it to involve unions.....but it does. In the end nothing about jobs has anything to do with insane crazy people that kill innocent children....NOTHING. Hell, the man couldn't even finnish highschool.....he was so dysfunctional. The idiotic mother actually took him to the gun range and taught him how to shoot and handle the weapons(the ones he killed her with)......and she knew he was insane! UNBELIEVABLE! That's where this conversation belongs.

I just read that they cant confirm the mom even went to the local firing ranges in New Town. It has been reported that she collected the guns for fear of an economic collapse. So apparantly she was listening to RIGHT WING NUT RADIO.

If you want to insist that Obama fights for American jobs I can accept that. Thats why he won the election.
The Republicans had a guy running for Prez who made a fortune outsourcing jobs and put the money offshore and would only show 2 years of tax returns. Thats why he lost. GET OVER IT!

So have the Republicans done anything to help American workers? I cant think of anything at the moment. THIS IS WHY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DEAD.

This kid obviously was broken. ALL THESE SHOOTINGS ARE A REFLECTION OF OUR NATION.

purplesky

NYC Mayor Bloomberg On Unarmed Sandy Hook Principal: “I Don’t Know What A Gun Would Have Done”…

10_michael_bloomberg-500x291.jpg

Wait, what? Let’s explain the obvious to Captain Clueless, she was the first person to encounter the gunman, if she shot him then there wouldn’t have been a massacre. Really, he couldn’t figure that out on his own?

Via Green Room:
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert’s comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun.

Bloomberg responded by saying, “There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements…..I don’t know what the gun would have done.”

So Bloomberg is the Mayor of New York city(one of the largest cities on the planet) and you are? Do you really think we need to give principals guns? Do you really think she would have drawn her weapon before this crazy kid got off some rounds.
Armed guards at schools would work but the wingnuts WILL GO NUTS OVER THE TAX INCREASE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR IT.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So Bloomberg is the Mayor of New York city(one of the largest cities on the planet) and you are? Do you really think we need to give principals guns? Do you really think she would have drawn her weapon before this crazy kid got off some rounds.
Armed guards at schools would work but the wingnuts WILL GO NUTS OVER THE TAX INCREASE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR IT.
Keep the $$$$ in our country for our use!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If the principal wants to take the proper classes and passes all back ground checks then yes let them carry a gun if they want. Same thing for every person in America. Crazy people will always find ways to do crazy things. The least we can do is give the sane ones a chance to defend theirselves.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both articles have valid points IMO but as my wife asked the other day, we've always had troubled youth but why in the last couple of decades have they begun to resort to such horrific actions? What changed in just the last 20 or so years?

Video games have desensitized our kids.

purplesky

If the principal wants to take the proper classes and passes all back ground checks then yes let them carry a gun if they want. Same thing for every person in America. Crazy people will always find ways to do crazy things. The least we can do is give the sane ones a chance to defend theirselves.

If educators want to carry a weapon and they can get trained with proper security clearance it might help. But the element of surprise will always win. Armed guards that are real police and paid well would do the trick to keep crazy shooters out of schools. BUT THE EXPENSE WILL BE HUGE.

Once a crazy shooter gets inside a school building people are going to die. Most educators are just not wired to pull a trigger and kill someone. Most people freeze and go into shock.

It sounds like alot of people nationwide are starting to favor giving teachers guns so it might just happen.

Grammarly1959

Has anyone noticed that almost all (heck, maybe all) of these shooters are young, white males? There is a reason. Thanks to the feminist anti-white male attitudes, which permeate the media, society, etc, discrimination against white males, etc., they feel they have NO FUTURE and NO HOPE. I see it all around me, in the city where I live....young, white males wandering aimlessly, getting into "whigger culture", taking drugs, NO FUTURE.

purplesky

Look how many American soldiers have died in the last 10 years in the middle east. Nobody cares. Nobody talks about it.

TV shows like The sopranos and The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy are huge hits watched by adults and probably some kids.

Somehow human life has become less important in American society.

People kill for a few dollars or just a pair of sneakers.

There seems to be no hope left.

W

want to retire

I just read that they cant confirm the mom even went to the local firing ranges in New Town. It has been reported that she collected the guns for fear of an economic collapse. So apparantly she was listening to RIGHT WING NUT RADIO.

If you want to insist that Obama fights for American jobs I can accept that. Thats why he won the election.
The Republicans had a guy running for Prez who made a fortune outsourcing jobs and put the money offshore and would only show 2 years of tax returns. Thats why he lost. GET OVER IT!

So have the Republicans done anything to help American workers? I cant think of anything at the moment. THIS IS WHY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS DEAD.

This kid obviously was broken. ALL THESE SHOOTINGS ARE A REFLECTION OF OUR NATION.

Friend,

I'm not sure if you are so blind with liberalism or just stupid. A little of both or alot. I gave you a clear example of Obama/GE/Immelt sending jobs to China and you conclude I insist Obama is for jobs? I would love for you to actually look into some rich folks.....alot of them are far left-wing liberals. They "hide their money and avoid taxes like anyone else that is rich. Kid was broken? How about insane. What did I have to do with these shootings? Or you? Or perhaps your Mom? ALL THESE SHOOTINGS ARE A REFLECTION OF INSANE PEOPLE! Got that? THINK!

W

want to retire

And so? Run the numbers. It's billions to one. Ok, maybe hundreds of millions to one. That's one insane person playing video games and all the others not insane. Are you suggesting video games make you insane? TV? I as far as I can tell, Hitler didn't play video games.........he was just INSANE! Quit blaming everyone else except the insane person. Hitler, Stalin responsible for tens of millions of deaths.......60 years ago not 20. All the way back to the beginning of time. What "desensitized" these people? See?

bbsam

Staff member
Friend,

I'm not sure if you are so blind with liberalism or just stupid. A little of both or alot. I gave you a clear example of Obama/GE/Immelt sending jobs to China and you conclude I insist Obama is for jobs? I would love for you to actually look into some rich folks.....alot of them are far left-wing liberals. They "hide their money and avoid taxes like anyone else that is rich. Kid was broken? How about insane. What did I have to do with these shootings? Or you? Or perhaps your Mom? ALL THESE SHOOTINGS ARE A REFLECTION OF INSANE PEOPLE! Got that? THINK!
Are you that daft? You are not an island unto yourself. You don't get to hole up in your little piece of American middle class white picket fence pretendville and think that this is simply the result of a few crazies. We have serious issues contributing to these slayings that can and should be addressed. It's time for both sides to come together and find a solution before we all come together again to mourn another tragedy.

Brownslave688

If educators want to carry a weapon and they can get trained with proper security clearance it might help. But the element of surprise will always win. Armed guards that are real police and paid well would do the trick to keep crazy shooters out of schools. BUT THE EXPENSE WILL BE HUGE.

Once a crazy shooter gets inside a school building people are going to die. Most educators are just not wired to pull a trigger and kill someone. Most people freeze and go into shock.

It sounds like alot of people nationwide are starting to favor giving teachers guns so it might just happen.

True but most of them willing to do what needs to be done to get a conceal to carry are willing to pull that trigger.

Brownslave688

Look how many American soldiers have died in the last 10 years in the middle east. Nobody cares. Nobody talks about it.

TV shows like The sopranos and The Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy are huge hits watched by adults and probably some kids.

Somehow human life has become less important in American society.

People kill for a few dollars or just a pair of sneakers.

There seems to be no hope left.

I don't buy this at all. Other than a short period of time. Maybe 1940-80's give or take 10-15 years. The whole human species has lived with death and murdering as part of every day life. The difference is two things parents who pay no attention to their kids and don't teach them the differences in reality and fake. The bigger difference is the number of people living amongst us with severe mental disorders. Before these people would of been locked up away from normal everyday society and given no chance to harm anyone. How dare we do that to anyone now though. Some people just can't be fixed and don't need help so much as they just need to be separated from normal society.

W

want to retire

Are you that daft? You are not an island unto yourself. You don't get to hole up in your little piece of American middle class white picket fence pretendville and think that this is simply the result of a few crazies. We have serious issues contributing to these slayings that can and should be addressed. It's time for both sides to come together and find a solution before we all come together again to mourn another tragedy.

OK. WE? What is the connection/issue with me? What are these serious issues? Insane people? Both sides of what? I am no island...true. My view is that an insane person mass murdered children(and adults). Killed his Mother with her own guns, which she allowed him access to, knowing he was insane. Not sure where I fit in here....or you. I guess I could try to pick out and somehow render all these insane folks harmless.....I guess. Or make you do it. Or...what? See? Now, YOU TELL ME THE SOLUTION! Short of locking this guy up(and who makes that decision?) he was free to mass murder........with a rifle, fertilizer bomb, underwear bomb etc. Since I'm daft(sad and pathetic too).........TELL ME THE SOLUTION. So far, the liberals want to take away all the guns and video games. And to that logical end......anything that could ever harm anyone. Anything harmful. Oh, and give everyone free healthcare, $40 an hour jobs, housing, food and transportation. Those are our societal problems, right? Do all of this(a liberals paradise) and we're all set...right?

bbsam

Staff member
I don't buy this at all. Other than a short period of time. Maybe 1940-80's give or take 10-15 years. The whole human species has lived with death and murdering as part of every day life. The difference is two things parents who pay no attention to their kids and don't teach them the differences in reality and fake. The bigger difference is the number of people living amongst us with severe mental disorders. Before these people would of been locked up away from normal everyday society and given no chance to harm anyone. How dare we do that to anyone now though. Some people just can't be fixed and don't need help so much as they just need to be separated from normal society.
I am confident that you hold these convictions strongly. I am even more certain that we will never go back to the "good old days". There have been far too many breakthroughs and "miracles" to allow such ancient stereotypes and misconceptions to prevail. There is a solution.

Brownslave688

I'm not talking about just throwing these people in a deep dark hole. It should be much easier to institutionalize people though. In many states they can simply refuse treatment. How does an insane person have the right to refuse treatment.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The Huffington Post webcast about parenting a violent child:
<iframe src="http://embed.live.huffingtonpost.com/HPLEmbedPlayer/?segmentId=50cdd44c78c90a45bc00015e" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" scrollable="no"></iframe>

purplesky

Mental illness is a complicated issue. With all the budget cutting going on its going to be hard to get funding to help people.

Its being discussed now in the media so hopefully society will try and be more proactive to single out people who appear to need help.