When does training start??

mercbenz1

Hello!! Im new to BC :) I had two interviews about 3 weeks ago and a tour of the facilities, I was told that, I would get a call to start training as of today no call : ( it's there a way to find out whats going on??

Sent using BrownCafe App

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You'll find that UPS has its head up its ass when it comes to HR stuff. So you'll just have to hurry up and wait. The job sucks in the beginning too...in fact...depending on your attitude, it could always suck. Great benefits and pay after a while though. Longevity is the key here. It's an ok college job too.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
images-1.jpeg

Patience young padawan.

Cyrex

It's like Xmas all over again. Lots of very lucky people getting hired off the street this summer.

Not in my facility. They hired 12 driver within and gave the off the street jobs to management. Even with that they replaced only 3 handlers and with plans to get no more.
When I talked to HR they said they would have a cover/seasonal spot for me or a off the street soon. I been talking with HR since December regarding seasonal driving (witch is all I ask for) they said wait until about May.

I was hired, told to do 30 day of package handling and I could go seasonal driving and within 1 to 3 years I could be full time driving due to retires.
Few days later I was told not going to happen anymore becaues its filled and I could not go to another facility (unless I could get a rehire from my center manager). Sad thing is, I was offered a driving job a little further from home at another facility. I turned it down becaues they made is sound like I had a good shot at my facility with just a little of a wait and no moving. Then right after my hire date more driving jobs open at other facilities.

I am kicking my self pretty hard. HR told me I could go to another facility but I would have to quiet first, get center manager to put me on rehire, and then HR would have to convince her boss I was willing to move and stay there. The other option was waiting a whole year before I could transfer.
If that was the case I am going to ask to not work as much as possible so I can have time to drive for someone else. I don't really care if I loose some perk that I can wait on and get later.