When does your 30 day probation begin?

BrownThunder

Hey Brothers/Sisters,

I am a driver in training and am curious about exactly when my 30 day probation began.

September 27: checked into hotel for Integrad
October 2: Graduated
October 5: 1st mentor ride
October 6: 2nd mentor ride
October 7-9: ORS Ride Along with participation
October 12-23: Riding Solo

At what point did the clock start on my 30 days?

I want to mark it off on a calendar.

Thanks in advance!

UPSGUY72

Thank you! November 17th I can breathe again.

Not really you could be considered in the free period or time where you can't make your 30 days... So I would check with your shop steward first and make sure you can actually make your 30 days before you decided Nov 17th comes and you can screw off and have nothing to worry about.

Did you win a posted driving bid (cover or route) or did you get a driving position based on signing the list they post at the beginning of the year of people wanting to go FT ?

BrownThunder

I signed the FT Driver list earlier this year.

Didn't really intend on screwing off, and I'll likely have more to worry about after passing probation. What I'm pretty sure of, is I will be driving every workday on this route until the above mentioned date.

BrownThunder

Drivers are needed in my center. I don't really care about what happens after probation is over... I just wanted to know when it would be over given the dates I have provided.

trickpony1

Umm I didn't count the weekends I know it's 30 working days.

October 7 - November 17 is exactly 30 working days.

We will qualify this year.

If this is indeed true I wouldn't run around telling everyone because someone will make sure you don't make it.....just because they can.

I would suggest keeping your mouth shut, mark your worked days on a calendar at home and let the time pass. You will find out soon enough when you make seniority.

UPSGUY72

I signed the FT Driver list earlier this year.

Didn't really intend on screwing off, and I'll likely have more to worry about after passing probation. What I'm pretty sure of, is I will be driving every workday on this route until the above mentioned date.

Good luck.. I would ask your steward for clarification for your specific area. As you you said you signed a list to go FT earlier this year and didn't bid a specific route of cover position open. They could just be using you for peak help. Even if you did Qualify they could still end up laying you off at the end of the year due to not enough volume which usually happens soon after the first of the year when Volume drops and they cut routes as stops per car become the flavor of the month.

UPSGUY72

This is exactly what I have been doing. I needed to know when my probation would end... So I could mark it off on a calendar.

Don't ask us ask your shop steward the rules could be different in your area than in mine... If you have a copy of your contract read it specifically the supplement portion that covers specific rules and procedures for your area.

trickpony1

This is exactly what I have been doing. I needed to know when my probation would end... So I could mark it off on a calendar

I agree with upsguy. Post #17.

It appears you've gotten several different answers so far.

Management will pay VERY close attention to the number of days you work. They have been known to lay you off on your 29th day to keep you from making seniority and them having to create a route for you.