When good goats go baaad

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
0729081742[1].jpg
0729081743[1].jpg

soberups

Is that the workhorse model?

and How do you keep your lunch box from falling out?
I dont know if its the "workhorse" model or not, it is a 665-series Freightliner P-7 with dual rear wheels and the swing-open rear doors. As far as the lunch box goes, I secure it with a bungee cord attached to the trailer hitch holder.

soberups

It looks like my route, except the pkg car is too clean and the road is too well paved.
Where's the chickens and the dogs?
You cant have chickens running loose out there, the raccoons and weasels will get them. There are a few geese running around on this farm but they aren't in the picture. Same deal with the dog. Its like a trip to the petting zoo every time I deliver there.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Did you say hitch? Is it gas or diesel? We have 668 and 669 series gas ones in our center and our shop tells us they can't put hitches on them.

soberups

Did you say hitch? Is it gas or diesel? We have 668 and 669 series gas ones in our center and our shop tells us they can't put hitches on them.
Its a diesel, the only gas cars we have here are a few old GMC P-5's and P-10's. I have a hitch on my car, I was told by the shop that they can put a hitch on any diesel as long as it has the dual rear wheels. We also have some of the new P-7's with single rear wheels and sliding pocket back doors, but they dont have hitches on them. Apparently the frame and rear axle on these is not strong enough for towing.

Mike Hawk

I dont know if its the "workhorse" model or not, it is a 665-series Freightliner P-7 with dual rear wheels and the swing-open rear doors. As far as the lunch box goes, I secure it with a bungee cord attached to the trailer hitch holder.
I'm missing something, trailer hitch is under the rear bumper, your lunchbox is in the cab?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm missing something, trailer hitch is under the rear bumper, your lunchbox is in the cab?
soberups has a holder for the trailer hitch ball in his cab. I have never seen one of those, but its a great idea. He can back all the way up to a dock with the ball off from the mount under his rear bumper.

Big Babooba

How to Deal With Goats:

Goat vs american soldier fighting back headbutt Funny Video

try to explain that to your boss when filling out the injury report:happy-very:

Mike Hawk

soberups has a holder for the trailer hitch ball in his cab. I have never seen one of those, but its a great idea. He can back all the way up to a dock with the ball off from the mount under his rear bumper.
Oh, we only have a handful of trucks with hitches(new P1's), and they are all under the back bumper, part of the back bumper folds up to access it.

soberups

The reciever is under the rear bumper, and there is a "stinger" which is a metal bar with the trailer ball that slides into the reciever and is secured with a pin. When not towing, the stinger is removed because it sticks out past the rear bumper. There is a square receptacle to stow the stinger in the cab, between the steps and the firewall on the passenger side. If you look at the pic you can see part of the stinger receptacle right next to my lunch box, there is a little knob on the bottom of it that you screw in to tighten it down and keep it from rattling.