when is enough going to be enough?

At what point is the union going to stand up and say enough? How many members were walked off the property or fired from arbitration in the past 3 years? I bet the number would shock alot of people! what happend to everybody sticking together and the union drawing a line in the sand? I really cant believe how bad things have got.

How involved ? I'm a steward and before I got involved or became a steward I thought I had a clue. Now that hind sight is 20/20 I now see that back then I had no clue about much.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What you guys are failing to understand is, its not that your Union is weak. Its that our cases against the employee are getting stronger and stronger. Proper documentation, follow - up, retraining, observations.

Go out there and do your job as though a supervisor is riding with you everyday. If you have a question about something, by all means call your center team and ask.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What you guys are failing to understand is, its not that your Union is weak. Its that our cases against the employee are getting stronger and stronger. Proper documentation, follow - up, retraining, observations.

Go out there and do your job as though a supervisor is riding with you everyday. If you have a question about something, by all means call your center team and ask.

Just my 2 cents.

If I hear this ruthless,fear-based line toed again ...honestly, do you actually use your brain when you say this crap....do you use this line everyday to all of your drivers, too? Idiotic rhetoric at it's finest.
"WORK LIKE YOURE BEING FOLLOWED" Yes, brilliiant...BUT why can't people just do their jobs like THEY DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING HARRASSED, FOLLOWED, INTIMIDATED....
Oh that's right, at UPS we instill FEAR....It's all about the fear factor....keep them scared, starving, aching, overloaded, overcrowed, and of course overworried...they'll perform at their best...
Brilliant.

Just my 2 cents.
+1 this man has hit the nail right on the head do the JOB and do it like your Division Manager is in the jumperseat. Methods set you free and help you sleep like a baby. If we all did this JOB by the METHODS we would be an ARMY instead of an army of one or two or three and then we would be a stronger union.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If I hear this ruthless,fear-based line toed again ...honestly, do you actually use your brain when you say this crap....do you use this line everyday to all of your drivers, too? Idiotic rhetoric at it's finest.
"WORK LIKE YOURE BEING FOLLOWED" Yes, brilliiant...BUT why can't people just do their jobs like THEY DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING HARRASSED, FOLLOWED, INTIMIDATED....
Oh that's right, at UPS we instill FEAR....It's all about the fear factor....keep them scared, starving, aching, overloaded, overcrowed, and of course overworried...they'll perform at their best...
Brilliant.

Had a bad day, I guess. :sad-little:

unionslug

At what point is the union going to stand up and say enough? How many members were walked off the property or fired from arbitration in the past 3 years? I bet the number would shock alot of people! what happend to everybody sticking together and the union drawing a line in the sand? I really cant believe how bad things have got.
how many on your end? Here at my center we have had exactly 2 in the last 3 years that have actually held up at panel. Tons of warning letters, suspensions, and working terminations, but in the end only 2 gone for good. One was stealing (deserved it) and the other had multiple multiple accidents working against him.

brownIEman

Brilliant.

That is correct. It is proven time and again that employees perform at their best when there is a constant push for better, what you call harassment and intimidation. When that loosens up, the production slides. Every time.

unionslug

That is correct. It is proven time and again that employees perform at their best when there is a constant push for better, what you call harassment and intimidation. When that loosens up, the production slides. Every time.
and mgt wonders why no one cares. thank you for you input. Sales leads anyone?

brownIEman

and mgt wonders why no one cares. thank you for you input. Sales leads anyone?

OK, I get why you would want to get snippy about my input. But have you ever stopped to wonder what would happen if the reverse were true? If production did NOT slide every time the push was lessened? Then, there really would be no PROFIT in keeping up with the push. And it would stop, as from a functional perspective, profit is what the company as an entity cares about.

OK, I get why you would want to get snippy about my input. But have you ever stopped to wonder what would happen if the reverse were true? If production did NOT slide every time the push was lessened? Then, there really would be no PROFIT in keeping up with the push. And it would stop, as from a functional perspective, profit is what the company as an entity cares about.

Finally someone tells the truth. Every member of management I've ever met says the employee's personal safety is the most important thing. I'm glad you had the integrity to speak(type) the truth.

unionslug

cant deny anything youre saying. Just ensures that the "loyal" workforce is exactly the opposite. But who cares right? Profit is all that counts

unionslug

I turned in 3 this week.
I would appreciate any you would send my way.
Remember:
Company name
Contact name
Full Company address
Phone number
And permission to call.

Thanks in advance
Hoaxster, my sales leads wouldnt do you any good. I only get ones when I am threatened with discipline if I dont. And then you get one. A useless one, but you'll get one

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Finally someone tells the truth. Every member of management I've ever met says the employee's personal safety is the most important thing. I'm glad you had the integrity to speak(type) the truth.

A person who is in management is not the company.
Your safety may very well be the most important thing in that management person's eyes because he/she is a person just like you.
The company is a collection of shareholders that elect a Board of Directors that selects Upper Level Management who is responsible for running the company to optimize profits.
If unsafe conditions jeopardizes the maximization of ROI then the company cares.
The 'company' cares about safety when it jeopardizes its profits.
That's just the nature of "companies" but not the nature of fellow humans ... well most anyway.