When Romney becomes President.......

vantexan

They will take it away from benefits...just like they always do.
They'll have to completely take away medical and pension then because there's not much left. Every major corporation has a long range planning dept. Our's has been planning this raise for some time now, taking away things like split pay and shift differentials. But the new pay plan is something they knew they'd have to implement because FedEx wouldn't be competitive for workers if they continued what they were doing. So good for the younger people who hung on. Not good for some of us too old to hang on.

STFXG

The Garmin program is still a bit busted. The device doesn't always pick up the fact you're at the location and there's no way to force it to move on to the next stop. You have to carry the device with you up to the house sometimes to get it to register. It may vary depending on what model Garmin you have though. We tried it with an older one. Nothing beats a good map.
They gave me a cable during peak. Tried a couple different models with the same result as you. Bigger problem I had was that it would only download half of the manifest.

whenIgetthere

it's a crutch at best

I watch newbies plot their stops on their phones everyday. One of our managers told me they can't even get map books for out area now, that they aren't printed anymore due to the explosion of GPS on everything. I don't know how true that is, though, as I haven't looked for one in years. This area is growing so fast, the old map books were usually out of date within a year of printing.

It will be fine

And nothing beats a guy who has the map in his head and has done the route for years.
A little of both is easiest for me. Give me a sequenced manifest in an area I don't need a map I can coast on autopilot. You can basically turn your brain off, listen to some good podcasts and not even think about routing.

Slick silver

There is a new app you can download that takes a picture of your manifest that will route your whole route. Actually had a newbie show me it when dra crashed 2 weeks ago. I think it's called route 4 me. I kinda laughed when I got back one day that week and the newbie was already back with no map or dra, and was thinking he was going to be out close to 14 hrs with packages coming back

P

pickup

I watch newbies plot their stops on their phones everyday. One of our managers told me they can't even get map books for out area now, that they aren't printed anymore due to the explosion of GPS on everything. I don't know how true that is, though, as I haven't looked for one in years. This area is growing so fast, the old map books were usually out of date within a year of printing.

I have a hard time getting paper maps for my cpu areas. Once in awhile I find a store that has a few dust covered ones printed as late as 2008.

I went to Amazon to see if they had any, NOPE!