When was your last 8 hr day?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Without having to use an 8 hr request. I ask because I remember not all that long ago going out pretty regularly with the type of day that if I busted it I could get done under 8. Now I would have to bust it to stay under 9.5. Why? What's the point? If I'm out that late I've missed dinner and family time and I'm making bank might as well make it 10.5. Also I can't even tell you the last 8.0 I had that I didn't either bring stuff back to get it or just run around nuts all day to get it. Honestly I used to get 8 hrs all the time by running and gunning and I took 8 hr requests as sort of a break like a day off it was easy to get your 8.0. Now they send you out with 9.5 hours of work hope u just kill it to get off or that you won't bring the stops back.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it was about 2 weeks ago ... things are slow and I have only been working 6 - 7 hours a day.
That includes lunch ... right?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got done at 630 and thought I was gettin in early. We are so brainwashed. Every other company in the world makes allownaces to help their people in extreme cold, heat and storms. Not ours.

Cementups

Box Monkey
1-3 times a week I get a 8.5 hour day. If I could take an hour lunch I could possible be an 8 hour day but I am an approved 1/2 hour lunch. So 8.5 it is. Just knowing I can be done at 5:30 sometimes is good enough for me

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Just remember guys,

Safety 1st!:thumbsup:

Whats the most important stop of the day, because , running & gunning don't pay !!

Runner gunners helped make this happen, Learn frome history.

rod

Retired 22 years
I could probably count the 8 hr days I had in 30 years on one hand. Always 9+. 45 to 50 hours a week made for a great paycheck with some left over for "toys". Anything over 50 was too much as far as I was concerned.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If I run and gun, I can punch out at 8.25 half the week. But, then my green light comes on and tells me to go help people or grab air.

Now I'm over 9.5 every single day by my choice.

Indecisi0n

Drives me buts when i hear people say "I had to take a 15 min lunch to get in with my air by 8:00pm." Take your full lunch and let them worry about everything else. If you keep fixed their problems nothing will change.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If I run and gun, I can punch out at 8.25 half the week. But, then my green light comes on and tells me to go help people or grab air.

Now I'm over 9.5 every single day by my choice.

I never saw a split or a pickup I did not like.
I averaged 54 hrs/week the last year before I went into management.
It took me 4 years in management to catch up with my take home pay as a driver.

oldupsman

In my 32 years in package car I only had a handful of 8 hour days. Always remembered when I got hired by a big old Irishman by the name of John McGee. He leaned over the desk at me and said "Why are you here?" I said I wanted to work. He said "You remember that. You signed up to work." He was right.