When will contract negotations resume?

onehandsolo

Was wondering when the company and the union will resume talks. Also besides the health care propasal what else has the company offered?

A

anonymous6

when the co takes their health care preposterous off the table. ( as hall said )

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Was wondering when the company and the union will resume talks. Also besides the health care propasal what else has the company offered?

They won't get an early contract deal (like they asked for) until they start behaving at the table. And they won't get a deal at all if they don't pull their bull**** health insurance proposal off the table.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think they are due to go back in a few weeks? We will know real quick if the company plans on pushing the issue or not.

Evil

If they are it means the company will be pulling their healthcare scam off the table. Let everyone know that we won't be paying 1 penny for our healthcare or else we go on strike at 12:00am August 1st, 2013!

stink219

They go back next week. Call me crazy but I have a very strong feeling that the health care issue will be removed or reduced this go around. If reduced it will be off the table next time. It was just a tactic to reduce and offset some other aspect of the contract like PT raises, 9.5 language or something of importance. The company knows it owes its members for stepping up the last 5 years to produce record profits in a down economy.

A

anonymous6

we have been deliberately talking STRIKE over their healthcare proposal in front of managers so they can report that back to corporate.

Asskicker

I heard they were meeting yesterday. Will post if I get info. They supposedly made progress in 9.5 language whatever that means. Keep talking strike. Show the company we aren't going to go soft! We are doing the same.

stink219

The point I was making was that they know we are willing to take it to the limit. UPS won't even get close to a strike. The investors would not like that.......NOT ONE BIT!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Word here is management is going to go around and ask everyone how much they think they should pay for insurance. Sure hope everyone answers zero.

Ill let them know I don't think they should pay anything either. They are getting screwed lucky we have a union to back us.

anonymous4

That would seem like a complete waste of man-power. The answer would be "zero". Who thinks they should have to pay for something when they currently pay nothing?

over9five

Staff member
That would seem like a complete waste of man-power. The answer would be "zero". Who thinks they should have to pay for something when they currently pay nothing?

You would think no one, but there are several right here on Brown Cafe who have said they wouldn't mind paying. THESE are the people who will grovel at managements feet and tell them they wouldn't mind a copay. THESE are the people who will get us a substandard contract.

Divide and conquer. It works.

stink219

Word here is management is going to go around and ask everyone how much they think they should pay for insurance. Sure hope everyone answers zero.

Ill let them know I don't think they should pay anything either. They are getting screwed lucky we have a union to back us.
I'll tell them I would pay 50% less than zero. That should get them to fry the computer as they implement the numbers into the system.

Evil

You would think no one, but there are several right here on Brown Cafe who have said they wouldn't mind paying. THESE are the people who will grovel at managements feet and tell them they wouldn't mind a copay. THESE are the people who will get us a substandard contract.

Divide and conquer. It works.

These people are either SCABS or management personnel. The same people that will rat a Teamster out!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I wouldn't mind part-timers paying $90/week, actually. Call me a scab if you must.
I believe that part-timers should be given the opportunity to buy their own insurance and starting wages should be $4-5/hr higher in return (catch-up raises for all seniority PT's).
It's not a career, yet it's not an $8.50/hr job. I think the above addresses this.

rudy5150

So how bad are we going to get friend*ed over with our raises? The part timers will suffer once again unless we all vote no for a contract that doesnt address part time poverty at UPS.

fr8dog

If they are it means the company will be pulling their healthcare scam off the table. Let everyone know that we won't be paying 1 penny for our healthcare or else we go on strike at 12:00am August 1st, 2013!

Your fellow teamster airline mechanics will be standing along side you and i'm sure the pilot's will be there also like we were in '97. So nothing will be flying unless mgt mechanics/pilots try to move it. Kind of looking forward to an august vaca. Good luck and remember, they tried this bs of paying for healthcare with us. Soon after we took our strike vote and it made it into all the newspapers, we had a contract soon after.

ocnewguy

I wouldn't mind part-timers paying $90/week, actually. Call me a scab if you must.
I believe that part-timers should be given the opportunity to buy their own insurance and starting wages should be $4-5/hr higher in return (catch-up raises for all seniority PT's).
It's not a career, yet it's not an $8.50/hr job. I think the above addresses this.

So you think we deserve to pay almost 50% of our weekly paychecks to health benefits (this is even with your "raise") because you've come up with some arbitrary definition of what our job is? Am I close?