When will I know I'm officially a union member?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I signed up with a steward in my center about 2 weeks ago to join the local union but I'm not sure If it's official yet. No union dues have been deducted from my paychecks and I haven't been able to speak with him due to me being on car with a ORS for seasonal driving all this week. Should I be expecting something in the mail or do I need to contact my local union to see whats going on?..

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Bad timing for this as I'm not driving due to busted split routes in my center but believe it or not, my initiation fees & monthly dues are just now being deducted out of my check after almost 8 months later....

bbsam

Staff member
I signed up with a steward in my center about 2 weeks ago to join the local union but I'm not sure If it's official yet. No union dues have been deducted from my paychecks and I haven't been able to speak with him due to me being on car with a ORS for seasonal driving all this week. Should I be expecting something in the mail or do I need to contact my local union to see whats going on?..
When they fire you and nobody shows up to represent you, you're not in the union.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When they fire you and nobody shows up to represent you, you're not in the union.
Heck, even if you are IN the union, they might not show up. This only proves that the NLRB is more important than the union, as they settle the typical misgivings brought about by the union you just mentioned.

"fair and equal treatment" dues-paying or not. and THIS is a fine example of why people don't want to join the union, to begin with.

rocket man

You will know you're a full Union member when management starts kicking you in the ass and you laugh at them and still say pay me