When will I remain driving for good?

UPyourS

I was hired last year of August and started out in pre load. Within 2 months I started driving. I drove through out peak but they didn't start my packet because it was peak. Then I got sent back to preload in January and now I'm starting my 30 day driver packet. I was wondering when will I be driving for good with out going back to preload?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Depends on how many drivers you got waiting in front of you to go full time, and how many full timers you got close to retiring.

UPyourS

Depends on how many drivers you got waiting in front of you to go full time, and how many full timers you got close to retiring.
But I've notice that there are cover drivers at our center thats not full time but never get sent back. I mean they may be an extra a couple days out the week but they never get sent back to preload. Is it because I need to past this 30 days or what?

By The Book

I was hired last year of August and started out in pre load. Within 2 months I started driving. I drove through out peak but they didn't start my packet because it was peak. Then I got sent back to preload in January and now I'm starting my 30 day driver packet. I was wondering when will I be driving for good with out going back to preload?
Only time will tell.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
But I've notice that there are cover drivers at our center thats not full time but never get sent back. I mean they may be an extra a couple days out the week but they never get sent back to preload. Is it because I need to past this 30 days or what?
They're still part-time drivers but they're high enough in seniority that they're still covering a route almost any day they have more routes out than they have full-time drivers.

Box Ox

I got sent back to preload in January and now I'm starting my 30 day driver packet. I was wondering when will I be driving for good with out going back to preload?

Whenever you can win a full time driver bid. But doing your 30 day packet now gives you the advantage of not having to repeat your probationary period if/when you get a FT bid and red circling at your temp driver rate. Which means you make your temp rate until FT progression catches up with you.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Allow me to consult with my crystal ball to answer your question.
image.jpeg