When will the peak season end?

rod

Retired 22 years
The bad news is that after Christmas UPS usually lays off WAY more people than they should -- the results being that those still working have to run routes that are a combination of everything under the sun. For those who are still working it means no end to the long days. Where I worked things didn't get back to "normal" (what ever the hell that was) until about mid-March.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The bad news is that after Christmas UPS usually lays off WAY more people than they should -- the results being that those still working have to run routes that are a combination of everything under the sun. For those who are still working it means no end to the long days. Where I worked things didn't get back to "normal" (what ever the hell that was) until about mid-March.
January is often worse than December. Almost as many stops and way more spread out.

As a person involved in planning operations for 12 years, one thing I quickly realized is that it is much easier to develop good plans for growth than it is for decreasing volume and stops.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
But, this year They only have 3 Saturday in my hub.
I will defer to someone more involved in hub operations but hub operations are based strictly on package volume so it may indeed settle down after Christmas as long as there is no backlogged volume.

rod

Retired 22 years
As a person involved in planning operations for 12 years, one thing I quickly realized is that it is much easier to develop good plans for growth than it is for decreasing volume and stops.
So all those screwed up routes after Christmas were your fault? I would have wrung your neck if I would have known you back then. Just kidding---------------------well maybe not.