When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jumpman23, May 9, 2014.

1. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?

2. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I've wondered this myself. I mean hell they keep making more and more money every year so I don't really see why they couldn't however, we all know how UPS is, so I would guess there is already a long term plan in place where it won't be as noticeable by the end of it, everyone will be making a lot less but most of us would be gone by that point so nobody could really compare it to anything.

3. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Why were you taking lunch in the office and at night?? Lunch should be taken on the road and no where near your office.

• Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Derail x 1
    • List
  4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Why in the world are you taking "lunch" in the office at the end of the day? Take it in the middle of the day and force them to take some work off you if you have too many commercial stops.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  5. redrooster

redrooster WOOF WOOF

Lunch at night is ridiculous and a scab move.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Why does it matter, you take your lunch when and where you want and I will take mine when and where I want. Now back to the topic sir lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Were not talking about lunch breaks here, im sure theres another thread for that. Not everybody takes there lunch at same time everyday and everybody's reasoning is different. If somebody jumped off a bridge would you do the same as that person? Exactly enough said. To each their own and their reasons why also.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  8. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Well then what is your reason for taking lunch at night and in the office?

9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

They take an hour out automatically for lunch and im not skipping it to get paid an hour less if I don't take it at 50 bux an hour. Different areas have different rules about the lunch periods as we have seen on some of the other threads.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Quigley

Quigley Active Member

I think the point he was trying to make is why sit around for another hour when you could be at home. Its not like you are getting paid for that hour.

11. scab move?

12. if he's not getting paid for it,why does it matter if he chooses to sit around for another hour?

13. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

So why are you not taking your lunch on the road and on your area??

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. redrooster

redrooster WOOF WOOF

By the next contract a gallon of gas will be higher a gallon of milk will be higher grocery bills way higher UPS will charge a lot more for shipping. The economy has to be continuously expanding or it won't work.

Now taking your lunch at the end of the day is not a good move or a cool move. It's a contract violation that can be grieved just as you can grieve drivers working off the clock.

15. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Goober talk ... many of the current union people don't even know the definition of a "scab".

16. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

How about none of your f**** business you dorkhead.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and you don't take a lunch, they will take your lunch out automatically so you will only get paid for 8 hours. If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and take that lunch to 7, you get paid for 9 hours. You guys get the math now? Its different in certain parts of the country the lunch rules.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. redrooster

redrooster WOOF WOOF

We call guys who run and work through their lunches scabs. When did you go on strike Coke man?

19. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Apparently, the Slim-Jims are snappier back at the building :wink2:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. strike?lmao.
    It takes a group to strike,I'm not a team player....I'm a lone wolf...and enjoy earning 95k+/yr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List