When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I've wondered this myself. I mean hell they keep making more and more money every year so I don't really see why they couldn't however, we all know how UPS is, so I would guess there is already a long term plan in place where it won't be as noticeable by the end of it, everyone will be making a lot less but most of us would be gone by that point so nobody could really compare it to anything.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why in the world are you taking "lunch" in the office at the end of the day? Take it in the middle of the day and force them to take some work off you if you have too many commercial stops.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?

Lunch at night is ridiculous and a scab move.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Were not talking about lunch breaks here, im sure theres another thread for that. Not everybody takes there lunch at same time everyday and everybody's reasoning is different. If somebody jumped off a bridge would you do the same as that person? Exactly enough said. To each their own and their reasons why also.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They take an hour out automatically for lunch and im not skipping it to get paid an hour less if I don't take it at 50 bux an hour. Different areas have different rules about the lunch periods as we have seen on some of the other threads.

Quigley

Why does it matter, you take your lunch when and where you want and I will take mine when and where I want. Now back to the topic sir lol.
I think the point he was trying to make is why sit around for another hour when you could be at home. Its not like you are getting paid for that hour.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
By the next contract a gallon of gas will be higher a gallon of milk will be higher grocery bills way higher UPS will charge a lot more for shipping. The economy has to be continuously expanding or it won't work.

Now taking your lunch at the end of the day is not a good move or a cool move. It's a contract violation that can be grieved just as you can grieve drivers working off the clock.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and you don't take a lunch, they will take your lunch out automatically so you will only get paid for 8 hours. If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and take that lunch to 7, you get paid for 9 hours. You guys get the math now? Its different in certain parts of the country the lunch rules.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Why were you taking lunch in the office and at night?? Lunch should be taken on the road and no where near your office.
Why in the world are you taking "lunch" in the office at the end of the day? Take it in the middle of the day and force them to take some work off you if you have too many commercial stops.
Why does it matter, you take your lunch when and where you want and I will take mine when and where I want. Now back to the topic sir lol.

Apparently, the Slim-Jims are snappier back at the building :wink2:

Macho-Man-Randy-Savage-Lunch-box-Open.jpg