When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

Future

Victory Ride
A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?
Good God son... Taking lunch at night sitting in the office?? Take it on the road. Starve the hub from your pickup pieces....it makes a difference !!!

purplesky

A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?

So drivers will be making about $83200 at $40.00hr at a future date? BIG DEAL. THAT'S JUST MIDDLE CLASS.

YOU ARE SACRIFICING YOUR HEALTH AS A UPS DRIVER SO UPS CAN MAKE BILLIONS IN PROFITS. SO UPS MANAGERS CAN ACCUMULATE MILLIONS IN UPS STOCK OVER THEIR CAREERS AS YOU LIMP OUT OF THE BUILDING EVERY NIGHT.

The same conversation about UPS driver pay took place when the UPS driver pay was at $20hr.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Since this historic class action lawsuit, UPS does not deduct any time for lunch breaks unless the employee themselves enter the time in their DIAD.

Lunch breaks are specifically provided for in our various supplements.
In the Central Region Supplement, it states we are required to take a 30 minute lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour.
There is no wiggle room in this language and any deviation from it is an extra contractual agreement.
The notion that "it's no one else's business when I take my lunch" or "I do what is best for me" is ludicrous, selfish and has no place in a union shop governed by a collective bargaining agreement.
Many brave men and women throughout Teamster history fought and suffered for us to have the rights we have and we do their memory a great disservice when we selfishly piss away these rights for our own self perceived needs.
If the company were to tell these Me-sters that they had to hold their lunch off until they completed all their work, they would have a fit and rightfully so.
These people need to step out of their little fantasy worlds and realize they are cogs in a very large machine that doesn't work unless all parts are working in unison.

upschuck

Back to the original question: When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?
The answer is when we vote it that way, and I, for one, hope it never happens.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Alright so heres the deal for all of ya that are trippin nuttz on the whole lunch thing. I work in a center that's totally union weak. That's unfortunately the way it is and has always been. I totally get what you guys are saying and agree with the language. The way it is here for the most part is a pretty laid back atmosphere between management and drivers, most of the time anyways. If all the drivers followed the contract and language, then there would be a feeling of tension all the time between all the parties involved. That's why its like it is at our center. Most of the guys take lunch at the end of the day. Is it dumber than hell that the drivers are like that? Absolutely, I agree with you guys. Everybody here is unfortunately all for themselves and obviously scared to follow the contract. A lot of small centers unfortunately are union weak. 72 fulltime drivers we have. This is why we have the atmosphere across the board because of centers like ours. Is it a bunch of BS, of course it is. That's why anymore I just come in and do the job, take the lunch and go home. Ive seen the way it is here and unfortunately the culture here at our center is never going to change. Just thought id give the background on the culture of the center I work at. It sucks yeah, but what are ya supposed to do when everyone is for themselves and most of them don't have the back bone to unite and fight as 1.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I 05 when it is to my advantage. If I have too much work that would require my NDA to be taken in for me by taking a full lunch. I will take a full lunch. If I can bring in my NDA when taking a full lunch, I will decide how much to take for that day. From 1 to 60 minutes of lunch.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You can justify it six ways ftom Sunday...it's your break, I don't care what you do. But even if management turns a blind eye....if you were to get involved in a serious accident at 7pm....and it came out that you've been on the road without a break for....say 10 hours....that may come to bite you in the ass. Management can always say...well we told them to take their breaks....this driver didn't listen. Always CYA...

Remember this thought when they propose a two tier wage next contract.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
You can justify it six ways ftom Sunday...it's your break, I don't care what you do. But even if management turns a blind eye....if you were to get involved in a serious accident at 7pm....and it came out that you've been on the road without a break for....say 10 hours....that may come to bite you in the ass. Management can always say...well we told them to take their breaks....this driver didn't listen. Always CYA...

1. Federal Register/Vol. 78, No. 50/Thursday, March 14, 2013 ...
    ... Section 395.1(e)(1) allows drivers operating within a 100 air-mile radius of their normal work-reporting location to dispense with normal records of ...

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcs...Tranportation_of_Agricultural_Commodities.pdf

purplesky

Totally agree with ya, but this is a different UPS now where guys only care about themselves, and gone are the days of brothers in arms unfortunately. Not everywhere but you know what im trying to say.

The difference really now is that UPS management is taking full advantage of YOU with their DISPATCH by not allowing you to take your lunch and rest your body?
THERE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE SELFISH DRIVERS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES. ITS NOTHING NEW IN UPS CULTURE.

From a health standpoint you should really try and take 30 to 45 minutes of break during lunch hours to eat healthy and just rest your body.

Jumpman its funny you started a thread about driver pay and it has turned into a bashing :knockedout: about you working through lunch.

The difference really now is that UPS management is taking full advantage of YOU with their DISPATCH by not allowing you to take your lunch and rest your body?
THERE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE SELFISH DRIVERS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES. ITS NOTHING NEW IN UPS CULTURE.

From a health standpoint you should take 30 to 45 minutes of break to eat healthy and just rest your body.

Jumpman its funny you started a thread about driver pay and it has turned into a bashing :knockedout: about you working through lunch.
He drinks all that, Pimp Juice! Thats why he wont stop for lunch!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

From a health standpoint you should really try and take 30 to 45 minutes of break during lunch hours to eat healthy and just rest your body.

I don't care whatever, people are free to comment on whatever, freedom of speech. Don't bother me 1 bit. Different strokes for different folks.