When would be the worst time for a center to get the new diad V?

When would be the worst time for a center to get the DIAD v

• winter

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Spring

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • summer

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Fall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peak

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I hope so, hate the III's.

Second that. Last peak season I had an intelligent helper that actually made the effort to learn how to use a DIAD III, which was important because between the two of us we were averaging probably about 125-150 signatures per day. He learned how to use the primary functions of the DIAD after about 2 days. By the 5th day, he was out-pacing the III and telling me how slow it was.

We don't have DIAD V yet. It will take me some getting used to, I have really big hands and fingers so I'm sure I'll be ready to smash the thing on the curb after about an hour, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Any cold day is going to be a pain in the butt. Buttons are too small for bare fingers. Can't imagine using it with gloves on unless they are finger less.

browniehound

From what I remember transitioning from III to IV took some time because of the toggle key to switch from numbers to letters. I understand DIAD V has no such toggle key? If so, I think I could master it in under 5 minutes.

Still, I think they should wait until peak is over to roll it out here. There are going to be enough problems at peak and we all know many UPS drivers are not Mensa canidates (its why they are UPS drivers as I can't believe some of the stupid people that work along side of me. I know of at least 2 drivers who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag unless told the paper was wet and all you have to do is put your hand through it).

For example, I work next to this one guy who writes his NDA stops down on a sheet of paper. Does he not realize that its written in the EDD download and already done for him? Why does he do this? Its even spelled out for him in the order he should do them if the DOL is somewhat decent. I have to scratch my head at this. Like I said: MENSA CANIDATES, lol.

Yeah, so I guess anytime is better than any other time, lol.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
For example, I work next to this one guy who writes his NDA stops down on a sheet of paper. Does he not realize that its written in the EDD download and already done for him? Why does he do this? Its even spelled out for him in the order he should do them if the DOL is somewhat decent. I have to scratch my head at this. Like I said: MENSA CANIDATES, lol.

I think that's an old-timer thing. There's 3 guys in my center that do it, all of which have well over 20 years driving.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am an idiot when it comes to learning new electronics, but I had DIAD V figured out in about 10 minutes. The switch from IV to V will be a non-issue. I like being able to stick it into my back pocket, and the built in flashlight will come in handy once we start working in the dark.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
When we went from the III to the IV we got them during peak. Our 3's all started dying and they shipped in a bunch of used IV's and guys were all complainig about changing the diads during peak but it really wasn't that big of a deal.