Where can I find "The Book"?

Legitimyze

Serious question. A lot of answers seem to depend on you location, and people say look in the book for the answer. So is there somewhere online I can find it to refer to?

What I am specifically trying to find out right now is about a $1.00 raise for loaders after 30 days of loading. I made it into the union and had easily 30 days of loading before peak even started, so that cant be the reason.

Anyway, if anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

laffter

The one-dollar raise was after 90 days, not 30. The new contract introduced increased starting pay for part time employees and did away with the one-dollar raise.

The book you refer to is the contract book. It includes a section with your region's supplement. Talk to your union steward about getting one. If you are not a union member, he may be reluctant to give you one.

Legitimyze

The one-dollar raise was after 90 days, not 30. The new contract introduced increased starting pay for part time employees and did away with the one-dollar raise.

The book you refer to is the contract book. It includes a section with your region's supplement. Talk to your union steward about getting one. If you are not a union member, he may be reluctant to give you one.

Do you know specifically what the dollar amount changes are? I started at $10.00 per hour, someone that started 2 months before me still got the $1.00 raise. I started in July 2014 he started in May 2014. could that 2 month period make a difference?

Xenogears

You're bound to find some "unfair" pay rates as you work part time, and they just vary based on you're hiring date and under what contract. For example; an employee that got hired a year after me makes $1.00 more an hour than me. Don't let it get you down, once you're full time, part time wage is irrelevant, if you're going that route.

Legitimyze

You're bound to find some "unfair" pay rates as you work part time, and they just vary based on you're hiring date and under what contract. For example; an employee that got hired a year after me makes $1.00 more an hour than me. Don't let it get you down, once you're full time, part time wage is irrelevant, if you're going that route.

Yes true, but I would like to make as much as possible until then. Could take 10 years haha.

Legitimyze

Very strange, what are the chances of this. Just checked on UPSERS.com and tomorrows paystub is uploaded and I got my $1.00 raise! Thanks for the info everyone.