Where da Avon boxes?

Mr Shifter

I used to think Avon anticipated their boxes falling apart during shipment just so they would make extra off money or smoooothing their shipping cost down. When I would load trailers I had a tape gun just for Avon. Lol

UPSGUY72

In my area Avon uses a regional carrier that delivers Avon on Sat if the Avon rep get there order in on time. Otherwise they ship UPS. The good thing is that they finally are using real boxes that are sealed with more that plastic bands.

brostalss

Haven't seen one of those in a long time. I miss those tiny yellow bands holding the box shut. AVON used one size box for everything. I laughed when it was one little thing of lipstick in that giant box.

I remember back in the day reboxing Avon that had come open. We'd line up all the open boxes and have all the spilled contents in a pile and just give each box equal handfuls till the pile was gone. Tape the lids on and off they'd go.

Gosh, hope the Avon ladies got the right order.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I talked to a couple people I used to deliver a lot of Avon to and they both said Avon is dying and Mary Kay is winning because the compensation has gotten crappy for Avon reps.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Haven't seen one of those in a long time. I miss those tiny yellow bands holding the box shut. AVON used one size box for everything. I laughed when it was one little thing of lipstick in that giant box.

Those boxes are gone. They are much better boxes now with handles that we are not supposed to use already pre-punched in them......but we all use them I'm sure.

Justaname

Those boxes are gone. They are much better boxes now with handles that we are not supposed to use already pre-punched in them......but we all use them I'm sure.
I've noticed them getting heavier as well. Not real heavy, but maybe they are actually filling them with a decent amount of product to reduce shipping costs. The Avon boxes in my area use to be a shoe sized box for a thing of lipstick and a magazine. Now they are about 20 pounds.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've noticed them getting heavier as well. Not real heavy, but maybe they are actually filling them with a decent amount of product to reduce shipping costs. The Avon boxes in my area use to be a shoe sized box for a thing of lipstick and a magazine. Now they are about 20 pounds.

I think rather than shipping product and catalogs in two separate boxes, they are now all shipped together in the new fancy boxes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I talked to a couple people I used to deliver a lot of Avon to and they both said Avon is dying and Mary Kay is winning because the compensation has gotten crappy for Avon reps.

We have one Avon lady who puts her packages on hold because the bid driver refuses to break off and deliver her stuff before 3pm, when he is in her neighborhood. She sends her husband up to the bldg to pick them up. There are days when she will have 20 boxes. You can tell when they are serious Avon ladies when they have vanity license plates with AVON JV on them.

I have also noticed an increase in Mary Kay deliveries.

Indecisi0n

We have one Avon lady who puts her packages on hold because the bid driver refuses to break off and deliver her stuff before 3pm, when he is in her neighborhood. She sends her husband up to the bldg to pick them up. There are days when she will have 20 boxes. You can tell when they are serious Avon ladies when they have vanity license plates with AVON JV on them.

I have also noticed an increase in Mary Kay deliveries.

Driver sounds like a smart man. One less stop.

S

serenity now

war paint is heavy :wink2: