Where do old UPS trucks go when they die?

Pip

Our's get put out of service the day after peak. emblems painted over, fluids drained. Monitors, newer parts, motors and tranny's taken out. Then shipped to get crushed. we'll strip parts if we need them in the mean time til they get hauled off.

thom1842

We are scrapping the last of our 3-cubes by the end of July. Handled horrible in the winter up here in Minnesota, they are being replaced by P-47 sprinters (I think that's the number, no box on back). Too bad we can't get rid of the 15 5-cubes we have instead.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Too bad we can't get rid of the 15 5-cubes we have instead.
It would really be a shame if the person responsible for checking the oil on those P.O.S's would "accidentally" allow, say, a handful of gravel to fall into the oil filler cap. I would hate to see the company have to replace them a few months early with vehicles that are actually designed to help the driver do his job safely.

rocket man

They should have a chairty demolition derby with old ups old fedx and dhl money goes to united way then when they crush them, and by the wat they are pkg cars.

rod

Retired 22 years
It would really be a shame if the person responsible for checking the oil on those P.O.S's would "accidentally" allow, say, a handful of gravel to fall into the oil filler cap. I would hate to see the company have to replace them a few months early with vehicles that are actually designed to help the driver do his job safely.

We had a couple old beaters go out in style by over-reving them until they blew up

Dutch Dawg

...Whatever's left over of the truck could be cut up and given out as next year's founder's day trinket.

You don't seriously think the 07 trinket was comprised entirely of metal from that one jet do you? Anybody that has one of those already has part of an old package car.:happy-very:

I've been watching them strip parts from cars destined for destruction for 25 years now so I'm gonna have to disagree with the contention put forth earlier in this thread that liability dictates a policy that prevents this from being done.

The old tractors are another story. I've seen many ADA'd tractors auctioned off to spend another life south of the Rio Grande...way south of it. Then again I often wonder with NAFTA, if there isn't a greater demand for tractors down there to be driven back up here.

DS

Fenderbender
They dont goto heaven where the angels fly
In case some of you haven't heard this line before,its actually from a song by the 'Meat Puppets' called lake of fire,it was also covered by nirvana,unplugged

Where do bad folks go when they die
they dont go to heaven where the angels fly
they go to a lake of fire and fry
wont see 'em again till the 4th of july

You don't seriously think the 07 trinket was comprised entirely of metal from that one jet do you? Anybody that has one of those already has part of an old package car.:happy-very:
I already have a trinket from a UPS package car. The key tag from the one I totaled when I rolled it.