Where do others upsers go on UPS Day

JustTired

free at last.......
Our supervisor has informed us he has been authorized to purchase burritos for us on founders day:lol:

So that's who will work like a dog for $8.50/hr!!

Did do that at Seaworld up here one year. That's once in 20+ years.

Now I hear you get to go visit the home of the guy who invented the spreadsheet. Quite a layout. You get 2/3s of a hotdog,7 fries and 6 tablespoons of coke. That's just the way the numbers worked out.

Of course, this is scheduled for a Wednesday at about 3 p.m.:wink:

dillweed

We get pkgs crammed down our throats in less time so the center manager can give a longer break speech about our wonderful company. That happens on Founder's day never heard about UPS day.

At any rate you all made me laugh with the comments that only UPSers can understand. Thanks to all!

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
We have a golf tournament every year in July, where we have to pay for our own golf, carts and beer. Hardly a company outing.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
NO UPS DAY HERE either. We used to have golf outings, and I always was assured a trophy, for the worst, high gross I think it was called. I had a 146, and we quit counting on the 12th hole, it was dark. But we sure had fun. I sure was sore, batting that ball around. Oh the good old days..............
Now the teamsters have one but I never go. Costs too much, when UPS had it we got a break.

Sammie

We've had these "Days" (on a Saturday) here for years. We have a Six Flags too and it's always at the end of the season. The theme park closes to the public except for the Teamsters and a couple of other unions (grocers, etc.). The tickets are discounted but the place is still packed.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Even if there were such a thing as UPS Day there would probably only be a couple of people from my centre who would attend. Getting anyone to do anything even remotely entertaining around here is like pulling teeth.

over9five

Staff member
Ours is coming up! Every Sept 31, the company rents a hall and throws us a huge bash. You bring your family, everythings paid for. You usually get a choice like prime rib or lobster. It's always open bar, so one of you, hopefully your spouse, has to be designated driver.
There's always live music and dancing, activities for the kids, and some awesome door prizes. Ten of us got 50 inch plasmas last year. That was second prize. Three people got first prizes, the Galapagos trip.

Looking forward to this years. It gets better every year. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with!

rod

Retired 22 years
Ours is coming up! Every Sept 31, the company rents a hall and throws us a huge bash. You bring your family, everythings paid for. You usually get a choice like prime rib or lobster. It's always open bar, so one of you, hopefully your spouse, has to be designated driver.
There's always live music and dancing, activities for the kids, and some awesome door prizes. Ten of us got 50 inch plasmas last year. That was second prize. Three people got first prizes, the Galapagos trip.

Looking forward to this years. It gets better every year. Can't wait to see what they'll come up with!
What color is the sun in this world? :w00t:

upsgrunt

Bartender--I'll have 2 of whatever this man is drinking!

cpa-ups-icon

BIG member

I have been @ ups for 18 years and from experience know that ups does not pay for anything outside of work, Other companies pay for there employees to go to hershey park, not us we have to pay 29.00 just to enjoy standing in line all day to wait to get on the throw up rides.:mad::confused:1:crying:

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android

LOL! You are obviously having acid flashbacks.

sendagain

I think there was a UPS day at Disneyland over twenty-five years ago. They don't tell you they invited a whole bunch of other companies to enjoy their time there the same day. It was so crowded it ruined any chance of actually being able to enjoy the rides, with wait times an hour or more.