Where do you get brown rain gear for the winters?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownsfan, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Brownsfan

Brownsfan Active Member

I am tired of getting soaked all winter and was wondering where people purchased there rain gear. I live in ca so it doesn't have to be Alaska proof just rain proof. Thanks

2. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Not to change your mind, but I've found that if you put on rain gear to stay dry, you end up wetter from the sweat that will pour out of every pore in your body. Bottom line is you're gonna get wet either way.

3. Brownsfan

Brownsfan Active Member

That is a great point. how do you deal with it Grunt?

4. The Brown Santa

The Brown Santa Ping Pong Ball

5. rod

rod retired and happy

I used to just hide in my truck if it was raining super hard. Mama didn't raise no fool.

6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Grunt. You sweat too much in rain gear.
    I don't mind the rain as long as I have my hat!

7. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

I just empty my pockets of anything I don't want to get wet and keep working. I figure I smell just a little better being wet from rain than with sweat.

8. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I live in western Oregon, its raining here about 75% of the time.

I dont own an umbrella, and I dont wear rain gear while working. I dont even wear a jacket unless its reeeeally cold (mid-30's or below). I wear shorts all winter, even when it is snowing. I dont even own a pair of brown pants that fit.

As hard as I work, I am sweating even on cold days. Steam comes off of me when I get rained on.

My only concession to the rain is a hat, and that is only because I wear glasses.

9. Brownsfan

Brownsfan Active Member

Wow you guys are warriors. I hate working in the rain when it's coming down sinuses I can barely see. But maybe I'm just not running fast enough.

10. robot

robot Large Member

yeah...when my socks get wet it's game over...

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I have the same rain coat that I bought when I first started 21 years ago. It is no longer available for purchase. I will use it only during the heavier rains as you do tend to get more wet from the sweat than from the rain. During colder weather I will use the shell/liner from my coat.

As Robot said, when my socks get wet it's game over.

12. probellringer

probellringer Member

the bigger problem is keeping the diad scanner free of water --its so hard trying to scan a pkg with a blurry scanner...

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I grab a handful of paper towels before going on road and stuff them in the slot above the DIAD holder. I also sheet more pkgs in the PC on rainy days.

14. tarbar66

tarbar66 Member

I would get a can of Scotch Guard and treat my new winter hat(non mesh). I would also treat my coat and vest. I would stay reasonably dry. It didn't take long before everyone in the locker room wanted to use my can .

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Hey, hey! Let's keep it clean!

16. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

WA state here. No rain jacket. No UPS jacket of any kind, actually.

When it rains I put my hat on.

17. feeder53

feeder53 ADKtrails

I just wear a brown Boonie hat and a towel on the seat, but this is feeders.

18. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

No that's the Crotch Guard can your referring to.

19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I wear a ups speedo and one of those ups cowboy hats with my boots.

20. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

brown rain gear ??.....it rains clear at my house! :wink2: