Where do you get brown rain gear for the winters?

Brownsfan

I am tired of getting soaked all winter and was wondering where people purchased there rain gear. I live in ca so it doesn't have to be Alaska proof just rain proof. Thanks

upsgrunt

Not to change your mind, but I've found that if you put on rain gear to stay dry, you end up wetter from the sweat that will pour out of every pore in your body. Bottom line is you're gonna get wet either way.

upsgrunt

I just empty my pockets of anything I don't want to get wet and keep working. I figure I smell just a little better being wet from rain than with sweat.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I live in western Oregon, its raining here about 75% of the time.

I dont own an umbrella, and I dont wear rain gear while working. I dont even wear a jacket unless its reeeeally cold (mid-30's or below). I wear shorts all winter, even when it is snowing. I dont even own a pair of brown pants that fit.

As hard as I work, I am sweating even on cold days. Steam comes off of me when I get rained on.

My only concession to the rain is a hat, and that is only because I wear glasses.

Brownsfan

Wow you guys are warriors. I hate working in the rain when it's coming down sinuses I can barely see. But maybe I'm just not running fast enough.
I live in western Oregon, its raining here about 75% of the time.

I dont own an umbrella, and I dont wear rain gear while working. I dont even wear a jacket unless its reeeeally cold (mid-30's or below). I wear shorts all winter, even when it is snowing. I dont even own a pair of brown pants that fit.

As hard as I work, I am sweating even on cold days. Steam comes off of me when I get rained on.

My only concession to the rain is a hat, and that is only because I wear glasses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have the same rain coat that I bought when I first started 21 years ago. It is no longer available for purchase. I will use it only during the heavier rains as you do tend to get more wet from the sweat than from the rain. During colder weather I will use the shell/liner from my coat.

As Robot said, when my socks get wet it's game over.

tarbar66

I would get a can of Scotch Guard and treat my new winter hat(non mesh). I would also treat my coat and vest. I would stay reasonably dry. It didn't take long before everyone in the locker room wanted to use my can .