Where does it stop?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Channahon, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Channahon

Channahon New Member

I just don't get it, where does it stop? If I lived in St. Charles, MO, I would surely attend this town meeting.

One would think there would be more pressing issues for city government than bar patrons enjoying a "bar atmosphere"

St.Charles hopes to ban cussing in bars

ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- Shoot. Heck. Doggone it. Those words may soon be about as harsh as it gets at bars in St. Charles.

The St. Louis-area town is considering a bill that would place strict restrictions on bars. No table-dancing. No drinking contests.

And no cussing.

City officials say it's needed to keep rowdy crowds under control. They say the historic downtown area gets a little too lively on some nights.

But some bar owners worry the bill is too vague and restrictive. They also believe it may be a violation of their civil rights.

The proposal would ban indecent, profane or obscene language, songs, entertainment and literature.

A meeting to discuss the proposal is set for next Monday at City hall.

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Channahon.....your "giggle dog" avatar is too too cute !!
  3. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Aw Heck, golly gee shucks ! I guess their gonna cancel springbreak in MO......

What's next...Ejection from Busch Stadium if you call the Ump a
    F%*#king blind bum!
    Come to think of it,there are some annoying drunk :censored2: people at public events...Don't you wish you had a paint ball gun or a taser at the time they get out of hand:knockedout:.

I can't remember the last time I've been in a bar where they served milk and cookies, played Disney Music and had Dr Suess literature.

I guess they will also cancel or block the HBO series DeadWood from your TV sets.
  4. Channahon

Channahon New Member

Thanks, it's fun to change things up once in awhile
    New year, new avatar!!