Where is "my" union

TwnWrkr

I`m a part-timer at the Melville Hub on Long Island. I have 15 yrs. of service as a sorter and bulk driver. I worked 6 days the week of 12/15-12/20 "Thinking" that I would sit back on Christmas Eve with a nice pay-check. I worked 27 hrs. that week with some O/T. On Tuesday morning (12/23) I went on UPSer`s to check on my pay. The first thing I saw was 4 hrs sick pay ? followed by 16 hrs of reg time. "WTF" The Bastards screwed me out of 10 hrs of reg time and 3/4 of O/T. and gave me a sick day after working 6 days that week !!! I went in early and protested!!! They pulled up my hrs on the computer and they matched my records exactly??? I evoked Article 17 of the Master (they have two days to cut me a check) and of course it didn`t happen. 804 says file a grievance for a penalty! All the penalty is 1/2 days pay per week. Think about this P/T ers. UPS can totally "forget" to pay you for an entire week and only have to pay you 1/2 a days pay (1.75 hrs). And how about you full-timers?? How about not getting a pay check and getting 4 hours (1/2 your daily guarantee) per pay period until you receive it. Can you go one or two weeks without a pay check? WTF was Hoffa thinking when he signed off on the master. I called the Dept. of Labor and they told me that it must be handled first through the union. BULL$h!t Watch out brothers and sisters I think I found out where we are going to get screwed next.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I`m a part-timer at the Melville Hub on Long Island. I have 15 yrs. of service as a sorter and bulk driver. I worked 6 days the week of 12/15-12/20 "Thinking" that I would sit back on Christmas Eve with a nice pay-check. I worked 27 hrs. that week with some O/T. On Tuesday morning (12/23) I went on UPSer`s to check on my pay. The first thing I saw was 4 hrs sick pay ? followed by 16 hrs of reg time. "WTF" The Bastards screwed me out of 10 hrs of reg time and 3/4 of O/T. and gave me a sick day after working 6 days that week !!! I went in early and protested!!! They pulled up my hrs on the computer and they matched my records exactly??? I evoked Article 17 of the Master (they have two days to cut me a check) and of course it didn`t happen. 804 says file a grievance for a penalty! All the penalty is 1/2 days pay per week. Think about this P/T ers. UPS can totally "forget" to pay you for an entire week and only have to pay you 1/2 a days pay (1.75 hrs). And how about you full-timers?? How about not getting a pay check and getting 4 hours (1/2 your daily guarantee) per pay period until you receive it. Can you go one or two weeks without a pay check? WTF was Hoffa thinking when he signed off on the master. I called the Dept. of Labor and they told me that it must be handled first through the union. BULL$h!t Watch out brothers and sisters I think I found out where we are going to get screwed next.

I quit reading when you said, you got 4 hours sick pay for the week of 12/23. Anyone who knows anything about this company knows, you got paid for any unused entitlements at the beginning of December.

Nice try.

Sent using a Potato

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I quit reading when you said, you got 4 hours sick pay for the week of 12/23. Anyone who knows anything about this company knows, you got paid for any unused entitlements at the beginning of December.

Nice try.

Sent using a Potato
A bit harsh, but I quickly deduced similar questions.
Why a round # of hours, plus a days sick pay?
There may be another check floating around?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Did you log onto UPS'ers.com and check your pay history?
If your supervisor shows your hours correct, I suspect that there is another check with your name on it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't understand...if the hours in the computer matched your records...how did your paycheck get screwed up? Secondly....your 6th day is paid at Straight time...not OT...unless you worked more than 5 hours.
You've worked here for 15 years....and this is the first time they've screwed up your check?? BS. It happns all the GD time if you don't pay attention. File, file, file.

Is Joe still running the preload in Melville?? Talk to him, Neil and your steward. Joe was always a fair guy and solved any problem I came to him with quickly.

TwnWrkr

I don't understand...if the hours in the computer matched your records...how did your paycheck get screwed up? Secondly....your 6th day is paid at Straight time...not OT...unless you worked more than 5 hours.
You've worked here for 15 years....and this is the first time they've screwed up your check?? BS. It happns all the GD time if you don't pay attention. File, file, file.

Is Joe still running the preload in Melville?? Talk to him, Neil and your steward. Joe was always a fair guy and solved any problem I came to him with quickly.

Nice try.

Sent using a Potato