Where is the Driver buyout?

purplesky

The union doesn't pay for anything.

We pick up the heavy parcels and move quickly. Thats called work. You should try it sometime.:wink2: Just kidding. What I mean is we are all a part of the effort to produce a profit for UPS so retired UPSERS can watch OPRAH AND JUDGE JUDY AND THE VIEW IN THEIR UNDERWEAR.:happy-very:

badpal

We pick up the heavy parcels and move quickly. Thats called work. You should try it sometime.:wink2: Just kidding. What I mean is we are all a part of the effort to produce a profit for UPS so retired UPSERS can watch OPRAH AND JUDGE JUDY AND THE VIEW IN THEIR UNDERWEAR.:happy-very:
Dont think i will never retire now if i only have to look forward to watching those 2 in thier underwear.:happy2:

UPS Lifer

I prefer PJs myself!:happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The union is working very hard to pay for your retirement
to the contrary, they pay back money that they have been entrusted with for your retirement.

unions have not produced one job. they have not worked very hard to earn money so they can pay the membership, to the contrary, what money they do have, they take from membership. of course that is not including the money from kickbacks on sweetheart deals with employers.

Dont worry the Teamsters will help keep the lights on at UPS and help continue your old employer to produce billions in profits so you can enjoy your retirement checks. Its a team effort
again, explain to me how the teamsters help ups keep the lights on? tell me how they make money for ups?

as for the management layoffs, they were coming, only someone with their head in the sand would not have noticed. when you look at hourly vs management ratio, we have one of the most heavy top loaded companies. value added is one thing, but revenue added is another. in other words, no matter how important you think your efforts are at ups, if they dont generate a profit center at ups, you are expendable.

purple, one last thing. the teamsters have used ups as one of their cash cows for too many years. they have grown very accustomed to milking it for all it is worth, without having to court us. with what they have accomplished on the contract over the last 15 years, i would offer this. if given the opportunity to form our own union, 75-80% of upsers would dump the teamsters in a heartbeat, because they have taken us and our situation at ups for granted for too long.

d

island1fox

Purp,
I should not even dignify your very uneducated childish response to a simple business equasion.
I am sure there are many , many members of BC that can see my point.
Ups is in the process of forming 20 Profit centers ---that means they will have to be profitable.:wink2:
To pay drivers in the area of 50 bucks an hour with o/t and benefits to deliver a one pound package on a rural route will not be feasable.
Very simply ---UPS hourly cost --very high ---Revenue per piece must be higher.
I realize that this is way over your intelligence level.
I am not attacking the company nor the union --just stating the hard reality. The Economy has nothing to do with it .
P.S.
Try to grow up --take a little emotion out of your posts --they then may make sense.
What in the world do I need the Teamster Union for ?????
This does not even make me laugh --it makes me sad --for you !!!:dissapointed:

Islandfox,
How can you say the economy has nothing to do with it. We are in a major recession and the economy has been shrinking and obviously effecting the volume at UPS and FDX. Thats fact not emotion. UPS has and always will say they cant afford to pay the union. I guess my sarcasm went over your head! Dont worry the Teamsters will help keep the lights on at UPS and help continue your old employer to produce billions in profits so you can enjoy your retirement checks. Its a team effort. There is no emotion here my friend so dont be sad.:wink2: ITS FUNNY EVEN BACK IN THE 80s YOU WERE PROBABLY SAYING OH NO WE CANT PAY THE UNION BECAUSE WE HAVE TO GROW THE BUSINESS. ITS THE SAME OLD SONG.

Purp,
Something for you to think about: Do you truly believe this reduction in Mgmt was planned recently ? Because of the economy ? Get real --because of rising cost per piece after each contract negotiation ---this has been planned for over the past ten years. As the cost continues to rise and the revenue per piece does not --more plans have already been made --not executed --YET !!!! Sorry but this problem is real --it will not just go away. Reduction in mgmt is just a temporary band aid ---the real fact UPS is cost bleeding to death !!

island1fox

Don't forget to factor in the cost of management.. thus the reasoning behind
cutting them first, not nearly as essential as drivers.
Cut the dead weight, Profit per piece goes up!

fredly,
Easy to say DEAD weight --have you ever run a District ?? But this is not my main response point to you ----This is --even if we agree --"dead weight --this 1800 mgmt reduction is only the tip of the iceburg.
The main problem is high costs ---hourly wage--gas--compensation --health benefits--pensions --grievances, operating limitations etc, etc, etc,
Being non-union --FDX -- can control some of these costs better --example being --the recent wage freeze.
The more cost continues to climb --revenue must also climb. Customers are looking to pay less and less for shipping. If many of your costs are locked in by union contract --you are in trouble.
Mgmt reduction is small compared to size of the unionized workforce. The recent years of union forcing more "Full Time Combo Jobs" has been a disaster.
Low revenue packages will have to disappear---The contract provides for LAYOFFS ---less feeders,less drivers,less trucks, less bldgs --etc etc.
Should be obvious to all --So Many in Denial ---"The Union will save us"
Grow up !! The only way for UPS to grow will be full cooperation between the Company--Employees --and Union ---so far to date --this has never happened and in all probability it will never happen.:dissapointed:Sorry just stating obvious facts !!! Purple wanted to know -who will deliver the packages ??After the millions of low revenue packages are dropped --the remaining high revenue packages will be delivered by the much smaller and hopefully much wiser union workforce !!

browned out

fredly,
Easy to say DEAD weight --have you ever run a District ?? But this is not my main response point to you ----This is --even if we agree --"dead weight --this 1800 mgmt reduction is only the tip of the iceburg.
The main problem is high costs ---hourly wage--gas--compensation --health benefits--pensions --grievances, operating limitations etc, etc, etc,
Being non-union --FDX -- can control some of these costs better --example being --the recent wage freeze.
The more cost continues to climb --revenue must also climb. Customers are looking to pay less and less for shipping. If many of your costs are locked in by union contract --you are in trouble.
Mgmt reduction is small compared to size of the unionized workforce. The recent years of union forcing more "Full Time Combo Jobs" has been a disaster.
Low revenue packages will have to disappear---The contract provides for LAYOFFS ---less feeders,less drivers,less trucks, less bldgs --etc etc.
Should be obvious to all --So Many in Denial ---"The Union will save us"
Grow up !! The only way for UPS to grow will be full cooperation between the Company--Employees --and Union ---so far to date --this has never happened and in all probability it will never happen.:dissapointed:Sorry just stating obvious facts !!! Purple wanted to know -who will deliver the packages ??After the millions of low revenue packages are dropped --the remaining high revenue packages will be delivered by the much smaller and hopefully much wiser union workforce !!

It seems that our BASIC packages are way up. These are the lowest profit packages but as density of stops and multiple packages per residential stop go up; they become much more profitable. We make the highest margins in the industry and this will continue.

rod

Retired 22 years

Oh sure--now you want me to put on underwear to watch tv? Next you will expect me to put on clothes while playing on the internet.