Where is the posting about the Div. manager memo wanting old drivers forced out?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I always thought inhalent abuse was called HUFFING, not snuffing. But you are the hippest, so you should know.

..."I see youre not to good with "uptake......" While you were crowing about your intellectual superiority, maybe you should know that 'youre' needs an apostrophe the 'to' you want is too. So now I suppose you'll just say you were writing so the people who are slow on the uptake will understand you.

M

MenInBrown

I believe I posted something a while ago about my sup straight up telling me that management was pissed at the older drivers for not retiring...this bc our retirement age got changed coupled with our raise in this previous contract...now they are trying to load the rts down soooo much and threatin you with getting fired for performance trying to force the drivers out that have their years...and that is from my on car sup in N. Carolina

trickpony1

Chose a side, make a difference, take a position, stand for something. Until then, your not standing, youre wavering.

Peace.

This statement is somewhat comical coming from the exaulted one.
If you will recall, I'm the guy who is "....stand for something....." that being the release of ten American soldiers in Leavenworth prison. When I get through with that I will work on the other 87 soldiers in prison for combat related incidents.
You had nothing good to say about my efforts.
Apparently my crusade is not as noble as you running around getting dumbasses their job back.
I am in awe of you.
Maybe some day you will let me kiss your rear?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by The Other Side
Chose a side, make a difference, take a position, stand for something. Until then, your not standing, youre wavering.

Peace.

I think it's suppose to be "stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

pea

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This statement is somewhat comical coming from the exaulted one.
If you will recall, I'm the guy who is "....stand for something....." that being the release of ten American soldiers in Leavenworth prison. When I get through with that I will work on the other 87 soldiers in prison for combat related incidents.
You had nothing good to say about my efforts.
Apparently my crusade is not as noble as you running around getting dumbasses their job back.
I am in awe of you.
Maybe some day you will let me kiss your rear?

Trick,

While I appreciate your standing up for CONFESSED KILLERS, your cause is a silly one. Those in leavenworth were given a chance to plead guilty or not guilty. When evidence was presented to them, they had a choice, plead guilty and escape the death penalty, on the other hand, i would have preferred they stood trial and recieved their just due for killing innocent human beings.

This I will not stand for.

There are more than 87 soldiers incarcerated for crimes on the battlefield. Good luck with that quest.

These men you weep for benefitted from the most fairest system in the world. IN any other country, they would have been placed in front of a firing squad.

Good luck on your quest.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Originally Posted by The Other Side

Peace.

I think it's suppose to be "stand for something or you'll fall for anything."

pea

More,

if thats what I meant, it would require you to have operation of my brain, which you dont. What I posted stands on its own 2 feet, unlike racer.

Peace.

satellitedriver

Trick,

While I appreciate your standing up for CONFESSED KILLERS, your cause is a silly one. Those in leavenworth were given a chance to plead guilty or not guilty. When evidence was presented to them, they had a choice, plead guilty and escape the death penalty, on the other hand, i would have preferred they stood trial and recieved their just due for killing innocent human beings.

This I will not stand for.

There are more than 87 soldiers incarcerated for crimes on the battlefield. Good luck with that quest.

These men you weep for benefitted from the most fairest system in the world. IN any other country, they would have been placed in front of a firing squad.

Good luck on your quest.

Peace.

I am livid.
Only a fool would believe the trash talk you spew.
The more you post is just adding confirmation to the true nature of your character.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I am livid.
Only a fool would believe the trash talk you spew.
The more you post is just adding confirmation to the true nature of your character.

TRASH I SPEW?? is that what you call FACTS nowadays?

You can be livid, youre already uninformed, just another quality to add to the list.

Peace.

raceanoncr

First, lets address the issue of the word "snuffer". I see youre not to good with "uptake" and I will have to lower my jokes to 3rd grade level. A snuffer is a term used by police for people who inhale paint fumes in order to get high. The combination of the word OCTANE and SNUFFER (1 + 1) is to mean you are inhaling octane to get high before you post. Its a mechanics joke. You seem to be the only one who didnt get the joke.

You end your posts with some quip related to motor sports and I started my reply to you with the same.

Secondly, you posted this:
"It got to where I could go in before work to talk about problems or after work to do the same, in fact, I think some looked forward to it. But I did so in a spirit of calmness and non-demeaning. I didn't have any problem talking to a Supe, center manager, Division M, Labor M, District M or anybody they could throw in. I picture you going into a meeting with an AK-47. Am I wrong? Prove it."

I think I proved it. You sitting in a center manager's office breaking bread is nothing compared to sitting in a regional managers office negotiating for a driver who failed to report an accident, was fired, was guilty, but had a family to support and was granted a second chance.

You asked, I provided. Id say you were owned.

Lets see, you were in vietnam? Ok, that proves what? You were not smart enough to get out of service like Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? or any other right wing nutcase who preaches on tv or radio about how they love the military?

I support our military actions that are warranted and vietnam wasnt one of them. Many lives lost, many people who came back with mental and physical handicaps after serving. We spent billions in vietnam and for what? We turned tail and ran. We crashed our economy. Unspeakable things? Ok, thats your nightmare not mine. I am glad I missed that opportunity.

"""What the hell does this meandering example you give have anything to do with this? You stand up again and say that YOUR way was the best and this goon didn't take YOUR advice? You could have been his Messiah and because of not listening to YOU he is now dead. YOU AND YOU ALONE? Man, you've got to be a joy to live with."""

THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM TELLING YOU. THE DM, LM and the RM would tell you the very same. The guy was one of those you described as walking in with a verbal ak47 to every encounter.

Once you get to the point where you have the RM involved, its all over. The only way out is a deal.

This is the funny part of your post "Did I SAY that I am not committed to anything?" You then say ""I think I said, I wasn't affiliated with any political party"" ... that would make you UNCOMMITTED. You blow in the wind with whats popular at the time. Try standing on your own two feet and dont let the wind blow you over.

Peace.

OK, I'll respond merely with this, since you are so wrong on so many levels:

With your attitude, you are Jane Fonda to me. If you want to take that as a win, so be it. I do not have any interaction with treasonists.

I am ashamed to call you my brother. Lord help the Teamsters AND UPS with people like you around to "Steer". They are going to go down quicker than expected.

Good luck, Jane. You're gonna need it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This has touched on something I have always been curious about. I wasn't born at the tim, so forgive my ignorance. What did Jane fonda do to kiss everyone off in the 60's. I've seen her on talk shows saying that what she said was misconstrued. I want to know what she said. I'm not saying she is being treated badly. I'm just curious. I don't want to start a war here.

raceanoncr

Thanks for the direction to the original thread.

I :happy2: California. (Though Washington state is pretty cool too)

Helen, I am so sorry for hijacking your thread. I want to profusely apologize. You are a longtime, respected member of Brown Cafe and it was entirely my fault.

I hope you get/got the answer to your question.

20_years_in

The DM that wrote this memo was relieved of his position as DM. He accepted a position in feeder. This was described by management to the hourlies as a lateral transfer rather than a demotion. A lot of contentious things happened before he was removed from small package operations, and it has been speculated that problems in his division (in NORthern CALifornia) led to his reassignment. The memo was actually an email sent to his CMs and peers in management. I saw the printed email with my own eyes, but I do not make a practice of copying UPS paperwork and taking him home with me. This is the email where he said he would "target" drivers who ran over by 2.00 hours or more and "thin out the herd" which I thought sounded violent. I check in to brown cafe sometimes so I can help with more info if appropriate. Bottom line for management and hourlies: do it right 100.00000% of the time. Really!

satellitedriver

You can be livid, youre already uninformed, just another quality to add to the list.

Peace.
Read the query you asked.

Obviously, the answer is no.
I would not say your trash talk was factually based.

I love this :)
youre already uninformed,

Pray tell, how does one get ready to be uninformed?
:happy2:
I am sure a person of your brilliance already knows the UCMJ, by heart.
Maybe for a refresher course, you should bone up on it at;
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ucmj.htm

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The DM that wrote this memo was relieved of his position as DM. He accepted a position in feeder. This was described by management to the hourlies as a lateral transfer rather than a demotion. A lot of contentious things happened before he was removed from small package operations, and it has been speculated that problems in his division (in NORthern CALifornia) led to his reassignment. The memo was actually an email sent to his CMs and peers in management. I saw the printed email with my own eyes, but I do not make a practice of copying UPS paperwork and taking him home with me. This is the email where he said he would "target" drivers who ran over by 2.00 hours or more and "thin out the herd" which I thought sounded violent. I check in to brown cafe sometimes so I can help with more info if appropriate. Bottom line for management and hourlies: do it right 100.00000% of the time. Really!

The internal memo you "read" was proprietary and could cost you your job if you photocopied it or transmitted the document . Just because a memo is laying out in the open on someones desk doesnt make it ok to touch, pickup, photocopy, transmit, broadcast or in any other way handle.

Hopefully, those of you in nor cal who handled this private internal document cannot be traced or your in a lot of trouble.

As far as management moves, Noel M has been making moves all over the state and this move has nothing to do with the document in question.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: