Where is UPS going to get next generation drivers?

Oh please, a cyber bully? dont you live in Chicago? I meet bigger bullies than him every day, and it dont bother me a bit. I cant care either way. I know the people that you think were bullied dont give a crap either, It is what it is. You simply ignore, it should not really affect you, if it does, well then I dunno. yes you can get p'od, but really.
For the last time I don't live in chicago I live about 45 minutes from you right down the turn pike. We have been over this. You can speak for your self but I'm not the only one who feels this way about this jerk. So please. A cyber bully is someone just like Dave. A tough guy from miles away but a big pusillanimous face to face. The guy is a big jerk and I know you really know what I ment in this post.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok I get it, I dont remember where everyone lives. Shoot me. Dont take it personally.
I dont care if he goes or stays.
I guess I have big boy pants on. I give 2 craps about someone who will insult me. I put them on ignore, or I scoll by. Or I shoot back. I dont say, you have to go so others will be more comfy.
Lets have more threads about how to get socks.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
are you that much of an absolute jack-ass???? I have found myself on different occasions volleying back and forth in this issue, but no more!

You a petty, vile, contemptable, loathsome, nincompoop; a worthless spec of dust on the screen of life.
The fact that you have to blame a wonderful, kind, INNOCENT woman who does nothing wrong here. You have, I am sure, lost any respect you had left with a large portion of this crowd. You have most certainly assured yourself that I think you are less than toe jam.

How dare you.
seriously folks, does it look like menotyou needs protection? Me thinks otherwise.

are you that much of an absolute jack-ass???? I have found myself on different occasions volleying back and forth in this issue, but no more!

You a petty, vile, contemptable, loathsome, nincompoop; a worthless spec of dust on the screen of life.
The fact that you have to blame a wonderful, kind, INNOCENT woman who does nothing wrong here. You have, I am sure, lost any respect you had left with a large portion of this crowd. You have most certainly assured yourself that I think you are less than toe jam.

How dare you.
Yea toner you are right it looks like I'm the only one that feels this way my bad.

Johney

Wait,didn't Upstate say in another thread he was going to leave Browncafe the day he retired? He must have retired.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cyber bully what a load of crap term!!! That's what's wrong with this sissy generation we are bringing up today. I have been bullied in many different ways most of the time I ignore it and could care less other times you have to fight back. The fact that people let words on a screen get to them is just dumb. There are a lot of people in this world that need to grow up and toughen up. Society as a whole is a bunch of sissies right now.

PS I'm under 30 not exactly an old man preaching about the good old days.

HomeDelivery

Hmm, didn't know upstate was a cyber bully...

he did have some good information when it comes to some policies. I guess I missed some of his "bullying" (maybe some of those were really "sarcastic replies" ~ but he's not normally a joker)

yea, he's lucky that he works out of a well organized warehouse/hub/whatever you call it... just stick it out until you retire.

so if this company starts to split their routes to Express/ B2B/ and to strictly Home Delivery (residentials) I may change uniforms since i'm currently working at a dead-end job on the purple side (not a real employee of FedEx anyways).

slightly offtopic: That term, EDD or PAL, is somewhat similar to operations at HD from what i'm seeing on other threads so it won't take me long to learn.

Right now, as a cover, sat-only driver, it currently fits my schedule with my family (don't need healthcare anyways since i'm healthy & wife's coverage is 3x better than what a sub-contractor can provide)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cyber bully what a load of crap term!!! That's what's wrong with this sissy generation we are bringing up today. I have been bullied in many different ways most of the time I ignore it and could care less other times you have to fight back. The fact that people let words on a screen get to them is just dumb. There are a lot of people in this world that need to grow up and toughen up. Society as a whole is a bunch of sissies right now.

WE NEED MORE "GUNNIES"

GEICO - Sarge - YouTube

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I didn't really view him as a cyber-bully, to me he was just a dick.
He so desperately wanted to show everybody how smart he was and in the process often proved himself otherwise.
He had excellent grammar, I'll give him that.
That was perhaps his most endearing quality.
As for ignoring a bully???
That's not how I was raised, nor is it how I am raising my kids.
I'm old enough to be your father and I'm telling you, the best way to deal with a bully is to stand toe to toe with him and punch him in the face.
At the worst, you might take one good beating initually, but in the end the bully will move on to easier marks.
You may even earn their respect.
A bully feeds on weakness, show your a willing victim, and you'll receive more of the same.

I didn't really view him as a cyber-bully, to me he was just a dick.
He so desperately wanted to show everybody how smart he was and in the process often proved himself otherwise.
He had excellent grammar, I'll give him that.
That was perhaps his most endearing quality.
As for ignoring a bully???
That's not how I was raised, nor is it how I am raising my kids.
I'm old enough to be your father and I'm telling you, the best way to deal with a bully is to stand toe to toe with him and punch him in the face.
At the worst, you might take one good beating initually, but in the end the bully will move on to easier marks.
You may even earn their respect.
A bully feeds on weakness, show your a willing victim, and you'll receive more of the same.
And this is what I did to him with your help as well as menotyou. Thanks

Cyber bully was just a name I made up that I thought sounded kind of cool. As usual Bubblehead puts it down on the screen better than I. He was just a Dick

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I understand I just get so sick of hearing about cyber bullying and all the laws we need to protect kids. Seriously? I mean come on u can make all the laws you want it won't protect people from themselves.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If I offended anyone, especially someone who felt bullied, I apologize. if I offended anyone because I thought it was silly to chase a cyber bully away, Im also sorry. If I offended anyone who was trying to chase the bully away, Im also sorry.
I had a rough nite, I went to calling hours for a 46 yr old man with four kids, and I was just thinking how silly I, and only I thought this was in the whole realm of things.
Just like at ups as a driver, I cant be perfect no matter how I try.
And I did not mean to hurt anyone REALLY!

NI3

Have they looked around the hub lately? The selection of people whom you'd want coming to your door seems to be at an all time low. I don't doubt this was always something to raise an eyebrow at but with over a half decade inside now I have ran across only a handful of people I could "see" driving. Most of those were coerced into part time supervision at some point. Others have no interest in driving and full time means a decade + long wait for a shot at combo bid. One wouldn't expect to see hoards of scholars hucking cardboard for peanuts, but has this always been such a glaring question to the observant?

Care to share why you talk of it this way?
Why do is it bad for the workers to become PT supervisor and why does mgmt want them to become one? I'm just starting and they're already taking to me about advancement to PT super and then to IE department.